PDA

View Full Version : Question for AI people (especially Granny)

SinSixer
03-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Do you guys actually vote? I'm pretty much apathetic when it comes to any type of ballot casting, even having some money on the line here. My 15 Bo's and Carries will make me bag me over $1200 profit if either win. A modest sum, but not the $10k ship that will come in for Granny if Bo wins.

If I had that much at stake, I would surely have invested in this (http://www.technologyarts.com/product.html) a long time ago. 25 calls per minute for $250. Granny, do you own one of these to push around your favorite a little bit?

astroglide
03-30-2005, 04:25 PM
cingular text resends are faster (but manual)

2 seasons ago i used dialer software. last year i did it manually, and i haven't even voted so far this year.

GrannyMae
03-30-2005, 04:26 PM
they claim to be able to detect the power dialers.

anyhoo, i certainly do vote. this year it is awesome because i am now cingular and there is no busy signals for text.

after show last night i did 25 votes each for 3 contestants and it took less than 5 minutes. all you have to do it hit 'resend' and the vote is accepted instantly.

i will never try phone lines again obviously.

now you have raised an excellent issue that i hinted at the other day. the teens that are likely to power vote were mostly using the telephone last year.

this year, all these 14 year olds have cingular and they will be able to get many more votes in than in previous years. IMHO, the advent of the popularity and cost effectiveness of text messaging since last season will have an impact this year. this is why i am standing behind my "male will win" prediction.

if text messaging was as penetrated last season as this season, john stevens may have won.

for this very reason, look for constantine to go farther than he should.

GrannyMae
03-30-2005, 04:28 PM
we must coordiante responses in the future.

ok, you have the rest of today, i will handle next wednesday.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/j0/type.gif

astroglide
03-30-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
john stevens may have won

[/ QUOTE ]

that would have been awesome

GrannyMae
03-30-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
john stevens may have won

[/ QUOTE ]

that would have been awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

i had no idea you had a sense of humor. nice to know

astroglide
03-30-2005, 04:36 PM
i basically hate the zoo and everybody in it. i'm only here seasonally for idol chat.

pyroponic
03-30-2005, 04:38 PM
No offense to those who vote for anything...but voting is a waste of time!

Economists use the term Rational Ignorance:

A look at costs and benefits not only explains why few citizens understand the subtleties of most government policies, but it also explains why about one half of the eligible voters in the United States do not vote. The probability that one's vote will be the crucial vote that decides an important election is small. Even if one's vote is the crucial vote that breaks the tie, one may not like the outcome--many people regret the way they voted when they compare actual performance with campaign promises. Given these small benefits compared to the costs of time and transportation that voting entails, it is not surprising that many people who are eligible to vote do not. What is surprising is that the percentage of people voting is not even smaller. It seems likely that there are other benefits to voting that have not yet been mentioned.

VBM
03-30-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i basically hate the zoo and everybody in it. i'm only here seasonally for idol chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone else think this is a "grouchy smurf" kinda routine, and the 'glide is actually like a majorly nice guy under his "i hate you!" image?

GrannyMae
03-30-2005, 04:46 PM
what is sad for this country is that you are correct.

GrannyMae
03-30-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we are honored.

but what about the idol forums? i bet you have an alias there and i bet you post.

lemme guess. it is something like "asrtoluvsAnthony4Ever!!"

i'm right, huh? don't lie.
(forget about the alias, at least admit you post there)

astroglide
03-30-2005, 04:57 PM
never posted there, don't look often. off the top of my head i think i'd go with Men2Boyz and post incessantly about how constantine is great but needs to keep cleanly-shaven if he wants to shake my anthony votes.

GrannyMae
03-30-2005, 05:13 PM
jeez

2 funny posts in a day.

you must have a splitting headache now. go take a nap. less than 5 hours to go and i want you rested.