PDA

View Full Version : Why is Q7 referred to as "computer hand"?

PITTM
03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
most of the people in my homegame are wpt nerds and they always use the hand names used on wpt aka saying computer hand for Q7, what is this in reference to? was there an early mac Q7 or something? thanks

rj

Voltron87
03-30-2005, 04:00 PM
A bunch of computers calculated that it was the most 50/50 hand against random hands, it's exactly in the middle of the hand rankings. I think.

Alobar
03-30-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
most of the people in my homegame are wpt nerds and they always use the hand names used on wpt

[/ QUOTE ]

*vomits blood*

PITTM
03-30-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
most of the people in my homegame are wpt nerds and they always use the hand names used on wpt

[/ QUOTE ]

*vomits blood*

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, welcome to every week for me...

rj

Saint_D
03-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Just start using the 2+2 names of things. Don't tell them where they meanings come from. Just tell them they are the "correct" names and real players are all in the know.

Examples:

Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif is a Granny Mae
Clarksmeister's theorom
Frequenlty use of the sentences "No.", "Wrong." and "Can you see why?"
g00t
tag
lag

I will leave more jargon as an exercise for other posters.

-D

PITTM
03-30-2005, 06:34 PM
yes, i will be glorifying the q5...right...

rj

smoore
03-30-2005, 08:16 PM
heh... the good ol' Grannie Mae.

When confronted by tools like this I usually make up names for my hand while I'm turning it over... get 97o in the blind and show it down? call it something like "Santa Claus" or "The Janitor"... I like to call 22 or 33 "pocket dumbass".

Alobar
03-30-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When confronted by tools like this I usually make up names for my hand while I'm turning it over... get 97o in the blind and show it down? call it something like "Santa Claus" or "The Janitor"... I like to call 22 or 33 "pocket dumbass".

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored]! This is brilliant! Im gunna start making up [censored] all the time now at the local B&M when I find some tool at the table who starts in with the "well I had to play motown, and I was on the button". Then when they ask me why T7s is called "the crab fisherman" Ill just look at them like they are stupid for not knowing, and scoop my pot.

smoore
03-30-2005, 08:46 PM
haha, yeah it's fun. I'm still waiting to hear another player refer to some garbage hand as "Santa Claus"...

how2start pop kulture.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
03-30-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when i lived in cali, i had this one drug dealer. I would always refer to an 1/8th as a "bogey" or "bogart". He started marking his sacks w/ "bogey" fot the 1/8ths. To this day ill bet he still uses the term.

pshabi
03-30-2005, 11:10 PM
I just thought of something [censored] great. When ever I get a red 4, I'm playing it like the nuts.

"Red Foreman"

I had a red four man!

benkath1
03-30-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
get 97o in the blind and show it down? call it something like "Santa Claus" or "The Janitor"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that is one of the funniest things I have seen on 2+2 in a while.

How bout 'brown trout' for the guy who shows down 72 because they were soooted.

pshabi
03-30-2005, 11:12 PM
My guy is "Billy." When ever I get a quarter ($100 or a bill) I tell him to bring me a "Billy Bag."

PITTM
03-31-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when i lived in cali, i had this one drug dealer. I would always refer to an 1/8th as a "bogey" or "bogart". He started marking his sacks w/ "bogey" fot the 1/8ths. To this day ill bet he still uses the term.

[/ QUOTE ]

We would always say, "is the master in?"(do you have any product) and then yes would get a "ill be at the dojo in an hour or so, tell him i need to learn some new kung fu". it was retarded, but it got the job done.

rj

Seether
03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
your getting jacked on your quarters.

pryor15
04-01-2005, 04:31 AM
i have a friend who knows all the hand names and is always dropping them. a now-common exchange:

Him: "Guess what I have" (expecting me to say something dumb like "Motown?")

Me: "Rags, just like last time?" (and then i laugh and laugh)

DeeJ
04-01-2005, 06:36 AM
It certainly goes back some way because Doyle lists it in SS1 as the Computer Hand.