PDA

View Full Version : A nice draw.

BeerMoney
03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
The main villain here is BrinkBrown. I don't care for how he played the hand on 4th street. Should I have limp reraised 3rd street to build a juicy pot for my nice drawing hand against multiple opponents. Do you like my checkraise on 4th?

7 Card Stud High (10/20), ante 1.

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif__calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif__folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif__folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif__bring-ins (3)__calls
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif__calls__calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif__completes
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif__calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif__folds

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif__checks__calls__folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif__checks__calls__folds
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif__checks__raises__raises
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif__checks__folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif__bets__raises__calls

5th Street

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif__checks__calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif__bets

6th Street

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif__bets
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif__calls

River

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif__checks__calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif xx__bets

Michael Emery
03-30-2005, 04:31 PM
I play it all the same.

Mike Emery

BeerMoney
03-30-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play it all the same.

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think of my opponents 4th street play?

Michael Emery
03-30-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What do you think of my opponents 4th street play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was a poor play by him if all he had was a small four flush. A soild play if his hole cards were big diamonds like A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif/K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif/Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Or if he somehow was rolled or held a large pocket pair. The large pocket pair seems very unlikely as he should know to auto raise that Jack in front of him that completed. If he was rolled his play looks fine. But since you said you didnt like how he played fourth, I'm guessing it was a small four flush that raised everyone out?

Mike Emery

TheShootah
03-30-2005, 05:27 PM
I am trying to improve my stud game..so forgive my bad questions....The bet on sixth was to not let him draw to a supposed flush for free right, and kind of a value bet with trips eh? What would you do if he raised you? Call and then fold to a 7th bet if you didn't fill up? Or would you pay it off given the pot size?

BeerMoney
03-30-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The bet on sixth was to not let him draw to a supposed flush for free right, and kind of a value bet with trips eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

As you said, I'm betting a strong hand, that may be behind, but also has A LOT of outs. If I'm raised, no biggie.

[ QUOTE ]

What would you do if he raised you? Call and then fold to a 7th bet if you didn't fill up? Or would you pay it off given the pot size?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just giving my opinion. But, I don't have enough confidence in my ability to trust my reads or anything on the river for 1 bet. What would I do if I folded, and he flashed a bluff? You never recover from a bluff like that financially, or psychologically. My river play is a weakness in my game, but I would rather make the mistake of calling too much, than folding too much.

Andy B
03-31-2005, 12:00 AM
Third street is worth raising when it comes back to you, although I prefer to keep the pot a little smaller.

Fourth street is worth jamming, although you don't want to lose all your customers. Even so, there's a little bit of money in there to fight over, so it's not the end of the world.

I think I play the rest of the hand the same. Betting sixth might be a mistake (I don't know what to put him on besides a flush). But if he is still drawing, then checking is even more bad. The money's going in anyway; might as well bet.

And if I have a diamond draw on fourth, I just call your raise to keep the other guys in.