PDA

View Full Version : 33 as a blind steal and get weird. (10-20 6 max)

bunky9590
03-30-2005, 03:53 PM
loose passive players in both blinds but they both fold the turn cards unimproved, button seems solid and hasn't gotten out of line.

Bunky is in the CO with 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folded to Bunky and I raise, Button cold calls, SB folds, Bb calls.

Flop J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, I bet, button calls.

Turn 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet button raises, I three bet, button calls.

River 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, button raises. Oye vey.

Alobar
03-30-2005, 04:00 PM
given your description, I fold preflop.

I cant figure why the button wouldnt cap the turn with anything that beats you (bigger set (which should have 3 bet PF), the straight), but I cant see him raising the turn with 44 either. he could have you on a big overpair given your preflop action, and hit 2 pair with like J9s or 98s on the turn, and wussed out to see if the board paired on the river, which it didnt so now hes popping you again.

but if you 3 bet and get capped you are fux0red, and I just dont know if im confident you are ahead here enough to take that risk...call

bunky9590
03-30-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That thought occurred to me, but raising is so much fun.

I figured button would either 3 bet or fold and either put the pressure on the blinds, also I figured one of the blinds would fold and one would call and with their propensity to fold the turn, all it takes is to fire two barrels for the most part, let alone if I flop a hand.

The turn non cap put me at ease for facing the nuts. I just dont think he cold calls with J8 or J9 there. QTs possible but not likely, He could get frisky with QQ-AA.

With him not capping the turn the river bet is easy as pie, WTF is with the raise on the river?

Alobar
03-30-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That thought occurred to me, but raising is so much fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

LAG /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
With him not capping the turn the river bet is easy as pie, WTF is with the raise on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im with ya there, Im eagerly awaiting the results for this hand, cuz i wanna know!

SCfuji
03-30-2005, 04:41 PM
i cant find the post but i remember reading about cdc or joetall or somebody waiting until the river to raise and get an extra bet into the pot because it is much less likely to get 3-bet. you mentioned that the button doesnt get out of line so i think he either has 99 or 88, 99 seems more likely since the btn waited until the turn to raise and popped you again when the river was a blank. he could have put you on an overpair or a straight draw/flush draw on the turn when you 3-bet his turn raise. i dont like a 3-bet here on the river because you dont beat many hands that btn cc w/ pf.

bunky9590
03-30-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i cant find the post but i remember reading about cdc or joetall or somebody waiting until the river to raise and get an extra bet into the pot because it is much less likely to get 3-bet. you mentioned that the button doesnt get out of line so i think he either has 99 or 88, 99 seems more likely since the btn waited until the turn to raise and popped you again when the river was a blank. he could have put you on an overpair or a straight draw/flush draw on the turn when you 3-bet his turn raise. i dont like a 3-bet here on the river because you dont beat many hands that btn cc w/ pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Score yourself 10 bonus points there Gino.

arkady
03-30-2005, 04:53 PM
I think that is a power play indicative of serious strength and I just call the river.

TQ, T7, JJ, 99, 88 are all likely hands given the way the button played it.

someone mentioned 44, i highly doubt that.

Your Mom
03-30-2005, 05:09 PM
I'd 3 bet the river. If he has a better hand, God Bless Him.

Grisgra
03-30-2005, 05:26 PM
I fold this pf as well. Looks like I'll be up against probably two people on average, and 33 just ain't a power hand 3-way. You're not even on the button.

This looks more like QT on the button's part to me than anything -- I have to believe Button would 3-bet JJ or 88 preflop. Or he was Tricky Mctrick with AA.

I really really want to 3-bet the river here, but the guy who said that this play radiates power is absolutely right. I'd just call it. If there were absolute no straight possibilities, though, I'd raise . . . he shows me set over set, c'est la vie. QTs is a button-coldcalling hand at SH if I ever saw one, though.

arkady
03-30-2005, 06:23 PM
since when do i get refered to as 'the guy'.

no respect, no respect.

even as a kid i got no respect, my bath toys were a toaster and a radio. no respect.

bunky9590
03-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Button flips 99 and I get totally pwned. Once again though, thank god for people who miss bets like crazy.

Your Mom
03-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Did you tell him, "Missed a bet or six."

bunky9590
03-31-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah I typed in "nh, ty"

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

He left a bazillion bets on the table there as aggro as Ive become.