PDA

View Full Version : 3rd diamond pops.....

Leaky Game
03-30-2005, 03:50 PM
How weak did I play this?

Absolute Poker.... .5 BB...8 handed (I had been playing $1BB but I've got my arse handed to me the last few days)

Villian is BB...have him at 141 hands, 20.5% VPIP, PFR 4%
Hero is EP...has villian covered by 2 to 1

Hero is dealt 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

1 fold to Hero, Hero calls, 1 call in LP, Villian checks...3 to the flop

5 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Pot is $1.75

Villain bets $2.50, Hero makes it $7 to go, LP folds, Villian calls.

Turn...A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Pot $15.75

Villian checks, Hero checks (weak?)

River 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villian bets $7, Hero crying call

I'll post the results in a few, sorry the converter doesn't support Absolute. Should I have bet on the turn? Since I reraised his flop, I thought he might be c/r the turn. Although in hindsight, since I'm likely calling him on the river anyway, I might as well bet the turn to gauge his hand strength. Input would be appreciated.

I couldn't really put him on a hand since he was the BB and got to limp. TPGK? Flush draw? Was trying to think who would overbet the pot on the flop, then call a pot sized reraise.

Kaz The Original
03-30-2005, 04:13 PM
His flop bet is a bit strange... sort of like A7 or two pair trying to protect.

You can't raise the river, but betting the turn is an interesting debate. I have the feeling I would play this hand like you, and be wrong.

Leaky Game
03-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Yea, I thought that also. More to the point, what do you guys do when a flop like this comes (2 suited) and then the turn makes it 3 to a flush. I know I can't stop betting every time but this is when I get hosed most of the time. Do I bet into it and if I get any push back fold? That's kind of tough to do.

Leaky Game
03-30-2005, 05:23 PM
He showed 73o. I can't believe he called that pot sized reraise with TP 3 kicker, even with the gutshot draw.

He hit a runner, runner wheel.

Should I have bet into the 3rd diamond?