PDA

View Full Version : One pre-flop situation

Boris
03-30-2005, 03:41 PM
B&M 40-80 game.

UTG player limps and CO player raises. UTG is loose and CO is super loose (plays 60%+ of his hands).

You are on the button with 44. Do you call, fold or 3 bet?

shaundeeb
03-30-2005, 03:56 PM
3 bet if you are sure blinds are folding and UTG won't call 2 more coldcall if you think the blinds are coming along and UTG won't limp RR. fold if you are sure blinds are folding.

RicktheRuler
03-30-2005, 05:18 PM
fold

bicyclekick
03-30-2005, 05:19 PM
call if the blinds are not real tight players.

philnewall
03-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Depends on what they're like postflop, if they're passive/predictable then you can 3-bet, if not and the blinds are loose then call.

J.A.Sucker
03-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Call.

Boris
03-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Interesting. I thought it was a fold or 3 bet situation with a preference for folding. What if I told you both of the blinds were tight but also very good players?

Fortitude
03-30-2005, 06:35 PM
They are loose in the hands they come in with but how loose are they with the hands they raise with? You didn't say maniac so I'll assume their raising standards are somewhat loose. If that's the case you're dealing with 3-4 overcards and possibly already way behind to 55+. So you're either somewhere around even in equity or you're way behind. This hand may have some value if there is a poor player in the blinds likely to call and even that is borderline. I think you would have to expect both blinds to call a reasonable amount of time in order to make this call. This is all assuming that both UTG and CO will pay you off many more bets than they should post flop when you do hit your set.

If both the blinds are tight / good players, this is a very clear fold.

Gabe
03-30-2005, 06:58 PM
"UTG is loose and CO is super loose (plays 60%+ of his hands)."

i can't see how this would have any relevance to the question you asked, unless its because they're more likely to have a 2 or a 3.

bobbyi
03-30-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can't see how [their looseness] would have any relevance to the question you asked, unless its because they're more likely to have a 2 or a 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
Their looseness makes it less likely that either of them holds a pocket pair, which makes it easier for you to win unimproved.

NMcNasty
03-30-2005, 07:08 PM
3-bet, this seems like a textbook isolation play.

Boris
03-30-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can't see how this would have any relevance to the question you asked, unless its because they're more likely to have a 2 or a 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

The relevance is that you have an opportunity to play a crappy hand with position against two big action players. This is a common situation in brick and mortar hold'em games. The question is whether or not to sieze the opportunity or pass and wait for a better situation. I didn't consider the likelyhood that either player had a deuce or three in their hand.

Clarkmeister
03-31-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, though I think this is a pretty irrelevant decision.