PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this? Or did you do it when you were new? (Log)

xLukex
03-30-2005, 03:40 PM
I've decided to start a small log on a paper tablet to update my progress every few days.

I want to write down things wrong with my game at the moment, the amount of hands I play in the three day periods, and money I make (or lose).

For instance, I wrote this time: "Stop playing pairs unless you're drawing to good outs." Also, "Be more careful in SB and play less hands UTG." And I wrote figure of how much money I've lost in those positions.

I use Pokeroffice for my stats (it was free, duh!) and I feel like it's helped me so far (live tracker is great for pot odds and out %ages).

So, has anyone else ever done this? Do you have any advice for Pokeroffice?

Of course, I look at hands I've played, but that's not exactly something to be written on paper. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anything else I should add?

Thanks,

xLukex

PS You will certainly be seeing more of me. :waves:

SCfuji
03-30-2005, 03:44 PM
www.pokertracker.com (http://www.pokertracker.com)

xLukex
03-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Is PokerTracker better than Pokeroffice?

And besides, right now I don't have much of a bankroll, so I can't afford to pay $60 for Pokertracker.

Thanks for the...advice...suggestion...???

tiltaholic
03-30-2005, 03:49 PM
I did this when I was starting.

I had a notebook where I wrote notes, kept track of progress, deposits, thoughts etc. Then I got pokertracker and started bonus whoring and fell off the handwritten bandwagon...

I did print out various threads/posts and pasted them in the notebook too. I found that helpful. I wish I had kept up with it, because I feel I've forgotten many of the posts that most influenced me...

xLukex
03-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Ok, sub-question. What is the major difference between PokerTracker and PokerOffice?

Haha for me, one of them is free and the other isn't.

And how big of a bankroll should I have before I bonus-whore?

This can be the newbie thread haha.

tiltaholic
03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the major difference between PokerTracker and PokerOffice?

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno. post this question in the software forum.

[ QUOTE ]
And how big of a bankroll should I have before I bonus-whore?

[/ QUOTE ]

see this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=1936208&Forum =,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main= 1935744&Search=true&where=&Name=29021&daterange=&n ewerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev= #Post1936208) which is one of many, but the first i could find.