PDA

View Full Version : Why do I always lose to quad tens? (LC)

Grisgra
03-30-2005, 03:36 PM
This isn't a bad beat post, or a hand-history. And obviously, most people lose to quad tens -- you may save your smarmy responses of "Because you're not good enough to flop a straight flush" to yourself! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's just that it seems like any time I lose to quads, it's quad tens. Not twos or threes or fours or nines or aces. Nope. Over half the time, it's quad tens.

Which makes NO sense of course, and I'm sure it's a sample size thing, blah blah blah blah blah blah, and blah. It's still pretty weird IMO.

Anyone else here always losing to quad tens as opposed to quad-something-elses? Just part of my master plan to show that Party Poker is Rigged . . .

TMFS9
03-30-2005, 03:46 PM
I lost twice to quad 10's in a span of about 40-50 hands 2 days ago, but they weren't too biased because I also lost to quad 2's during the same span. It was plain sick, but it was at stars not party.

usmfan
03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a bad beat post, or a hand-history. And obviously, most people lose to quad tens -- you may save your smarmy responses of "Because you're not good enough to flop a straight flush" to yourself! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, you need to learn to hit quad jacks or better. It's too hard to make the straight flush.

Alobar
03-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Your problem isnt any of the things you mentioned.

Your problem is that in the eyes of the poker gods, you are a whiney little beeyoch. See the poker gods love you and all, they've given you talent at the game, but they feel betrayed by you (we'll get to why in a second). So what do they do? They make known their pain by giving you a sign. A sign that a good poker player would notice. Their sign to you is "quad tens". See they know that you would notice this statistical anomoly. Its a sign from above.

Now, why have they sent you this sign? Because you have to appease the gods!!! (what good is being a god if people dont give you sh[/i]it??).

Right away, I want you to go out, find a young virgin, and sacrifice her on the alter to the poker gods. (you do have an alter right?????). Its harder and harder these days to find a young virgin, I suggest trying your local middle or grade school, as anything older than that, well...its prolly to late.

That "hey little girl, want some candy?" line, is all BS....maybe that worked back in the day, but now all its going to get you is the finger. Cold hard cash is what it takes. A $5 or a $10 works best, anything bigger than that and its likely to spook them (you dont raise with your flopped nut flush, when there are still 5 people to act do you? same principle).

If anyone cant tell by now...im really really bored /images/graemlins/smile.gif

arkady
03-30-2005, 04:56 PM
you have scared off any potential young girl from learning poker on 2+2. way to go jerk.

Alobar
03-30-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you have scared off any potential young girl from learning poker on 2+2. way to go jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

havent you seen my tattoo? chicks dig gay men...theyll be back!

PennDisc
03-30-2005, 05:47 PM
I just ran K's full into quad T's last night. Capped every street heads up. That didn't make me too happy. Maybe I just don't play enough (150k hands total) but that's the only time I've run the top boat into quads. You sound like it happens to you all the time...

Party definitely rigged for quad T's though.

topspinner
03-30-2005, 09:14 PM
It was funny, as I was reading your post a guy drew quad tens, what are the odds

Grisgra
03-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm telling you, quad tens are all over the damn place. But no other quads . . . It's freakin' weird.

Alobar
03-30-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm telling you, quad tens are all over the damn place. But no other quads . . . It's freakin' weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

I flopped quad 6's the other day...

Grisgra
03-31-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sure, I get quads of other types all the time. (Well, not ALL the time . . . )

But I keep LOSING to quad tens. It's very odd.

Alobar
03-31-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sure, I get quads of other types all the time. (Well, not ALL the time . . . )

[/ QUOTE ]

but when you flop quads of other types, doesnt someone else lose to those quads?? So your theory still has holes in it. Im telling you man, its the poker Gods.....when you finally figure this out for yourself, im gunna be there with the big fat "I told you so!!!" /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SpaceAce
03-31-2005, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

but when you flop quads of other types, doesnt someone else lose to those quads??

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you're me.

SpaceAce

Grisgra
03-31-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but when you flop quads of other types, doesnt someone else lose to those quads??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, meaning Party is somehow targeting ME with their Quad Tens. . . very odd, very odd indeed.

And you never explained precisely why the Poker Gods were pissed with me, you know . . . you kind of drifted off into a ramble /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

fnord_too
03-31-2005, 11:31 AM
I haven't read the replies, but i'm guessing "sample size" is a popular response.

STLantny
03-31-2005, 11:33 AM
only time i REALLY lost a lot was to quad tens, flop KTT
and war ensued.

Alobar
03-31-2005, 04:36 PM
cuz you arent sacrificing enough virgins fool!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif