PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Play Aggressive/Patient?

callmedonnie
03-30-2005, 01:49 PM
I just jumped up to 20's. I've found they're a bit tighter all the way through. There are definitely stealing opportunities, but overall you are forced to play a solid, tight game which is great for me.

On the bubble I'm feeling I should open up a lot more. I folded an A2 from Button, SB folds, and BB shows 33. should I just be pushing, trying to collect chips knowing most of the time my hand is ahead of others?

I'm on a bad run (conveniently as I jumped up a level) but it's come down to a streak of pocket pairs not holding up, and getting beat by some worse hands. I'm still playing solid and know I can beat this game, but some bubble strategy is always important.

pooh74
03-30-2005, 01:52 PM
On the bubble I'm feeling I should open up a lot more. I folded an A2 from Button, SB folds, and BB shows 33. should I just be pushing, trying to collect chips knowing most of the time my hand is ahead of others?

? you're way behind there

you need to consider more than what you've decribed above...

Rolen
03-30-2005, 01:56 PM
I find that many people @ the 20s are very willing to fold a lot of hands if their stack is not too big (40% of the chips plus) or too small (less than 10%). This gives you great folding equity and means you should be raising with a LOT of hands against players with average stacks. This folding equity conversely means that you gain little by calling without a huge edge.

Be aggressive (liberal in your raising requirements) AND patient (tight with your calling ones)!