PDA

View Full Version : Why must old people.....

kerssens
03-30-2005, 01:31 PM
....ALWAYS PAY WITH EXACT CHANGE AT THE F'IN STORE!?!? None of the stores on Mercer Island have the self checkout so I routinely have to wait up to and exceeding 2-3 minutes as they search through their purses/wallets for a couple cents. BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

jakethebake
03-30-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm with you. And while they're counting out their [censored] change they take up the entire counter so you can't even put down the armload of stuff you have if you dodn't happen to get a basket.

astroglide
03-30-2005, 01:36 PM
i want to know where they get the change to begin with

jakethebake
03-30-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

an excellent question. they always pay exact change so where does it come from? one of the univere's deepest secrets.

captZEEbo1
03-30-2005, 01:38 PM
I want to know why we even allow people over the age of 60 to drive, live.

Sporky
03-30-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they find it in the parking lot...where most people i know throw their change.

jakethebake
03-30-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they find it in the parking lot...where most people i know throw their change.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do see a lot of old people wandering around in parking lots. i always assumed they were lost. thanks for clearing this up. i guess it wasn't one of the universe's deepest secrets after all.

kerssens
03-30-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or use an ATM

jakethebake
03-30-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or use an ATM

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Dear God! I was behind an old lady the other day that kept pushing her card in upside down... over and over and over. She finally turns around and asks me to help her. She actually gave me her card and pin #. Of course I was really nice, but I wanted to ask her if she had always been this stupid.

kerssens
03-30-2005, 01:48 PM
At least she asked for help, I was behind a guy once that refused help, even from somebody that worked at the bank.

FatMan
03-30-2005, 01:49 PM
They have jars of it at home they saved up from when they were young and didn't care about paying with exact change. Now they load up their coin purses with it and and go out the get rid of it buy paying with exact change just to piss you young whipper snappers off.

kerssens
03-30-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They have jars of it at home they saved up from when they were young and didn't care about paying with exact change. Now they load up their coin purses with it and and go out the get rid of it buy paying with exact change just to piss you young whipper snappers off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably true, thankfully with the Coinstar around this will be all but eliminated in 40 or so years.

2planka
03-30-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or use an ATM

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. I was at FW a few years ago. This old fogie is in front of me at the ATM. He collects his cash and leaves his card in the thing (FW has since installed swipe card readers). I got up there and was very tempted to drain this dude's account. For some reason I developed a conscience and turned the card in at the cage.

pokerjo22
03-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Screw you, I'm one of those people who always pays with the exact change. I'm extremely cheap - I refuse to pay the Coinstar vig.

What pisses me off is people who pay with a credit card for something that's like a dollar fifty, and we all have to wait for the swipe/authorisation/sign routine :P

stabn
03-30-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Screw you, I'm one of those people who always pays with the exact change. I'm extremely cheap - I refuse to pay the Coinstar vig.

What pisses me off is people who pay with a credit card for something that's like a dollar fifty, and we all have to wait for the swipe/authorisation/sign routine :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Smart stores don't make you sign for amounts that trivial /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

brassnuts
03-30-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. I pay with exact change and am a quick draw with that sht. I hate waiting for idiots buying a $1.19 20oz soda with a credit card. It should be added that I don't like having a lot of change on me, hence why I pay with exact change. I try to keep it to a minimum, so if I have it, I use it.

youtalkfunny
03-30-2005, 05:41 PM
My brother was telling me about his trip to Dunkin Donuts with an old guy he works with. Old Guy's coffee and donut came to $2.26.

"Hey, Norman, you got 26 cents?", Old Guy asks him.

"What do you need 26 cents for?"

"I didn't want to break a DOLLAR."

JaBlue
03-30-2005, 05:43 PM
If he just gave them 1.25 its not like they would care

Boris
03-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Talk about a timely post. This very thing happened to me at lunch today. I was waiting in line at the Palo Alto Good Food Store, trying to buy some organic baby carrots. This old lady in front of me fumbled around in her purse for a good 60 seconds trying to find 4 pennies. Talk about annoying.

beerbandit
03-30-2005, 05:58 PM
old people slow everything down

they should have added that checkout along with the uscan

they can take their sweet time, talking about [censored] that doesnt matter, counting their change and some light crocheting

cheers

kerssens
03-30-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're quick with your change than I have no beef. I'm talking about the people (no doubt old) that will fumble around looking for 3 pennies..also the clerks that just sit there and let this happen.

jakethebake
03-30-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
talking about [censored] that doesnt matter

[/ QUOTE ]

That may even be worse than the change thing. When they want to have a conversation with the checkout girl. It makes me really understand the whole premise behind the movie Logan's Run. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

kerssens
03-30-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
talking about [censored] that doesnt matter

[/ QUOTE ]

That may even be worse than the change thing. When they want to have a conversation with the checkout girl. It makes me really understand the whole premise behind the movie Logan's Run. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know...I think I'd rather hear about someone's grandchild than hear..."lets see, I know I have a dime in here somewhere..well I can't find it but I do have 6, 7, 8, 9, ah! here's 10 pennies!"