PDA

View Full Version : Easy fold?

DeezNuts
10-17-2002, 07:01 PM
15-30 Bay 101.

I just had my UTG KK cracked by a player who cold called with J4c and catches his club on the river after a semi-bluff turn raise in one of the bigger pots of the day.

In the BB on the next hand, I get 3h5h. 4 limpers including cutoff, button raises, SB calls, I call.

Flop:

QhTh2h

I bet, folded to the cutoff who raises, button folds, SB folds, I 3-bet, CO 4-bets, I 5-bet(all raising by me made to feign tilt), CO 6-bets, I call.

Turn:

QhTh2h7s

I bet, CO calls.

River:

QhTh2h7sKh

I check, CO bets, I.....?

Comments on how I played entire hand and final action appreciated. Results to follow.

DN

M2d
10-17-2002, 07:08 PM
given the action on the flop, any non-high-flush hand that the CO bets here is, essentially, a bluff. with your check on the river, CO is either betting his still better hand, betting his now better hand, or making a last ditch effort to salvage a hand that didn't improve.
Things to consider: is the CO the type of player to plow forward with a set on a flopped flush board (and, to a lesser extent, two pair)
would the CO limp with AQ off (also A10 off) in that position, and then power through with his pair/draw hand?

I'd probably call, but, I'd proably be wrong.

Pot-A
10-17-2002, 08:46 PM
You've put yourself in a terrible position by putting in so many bets on the flop. The pot is now huge, so you'll have to call if there's any chance at all you have the best hand. But I don't see what could have been worth six bets to him that doesn't have you beat now.

Since you're posting this hand I'm sure you're gonna tell us he didn't have the flush, or had a 2-4 flush, but unless CO is very loose-agressive I would have folded after he made it four bets on the flop. A 5-high flush just isn't that strong.

DeezNuts
10-18-2002, 03:08 AM
The CO turned over Jh8s for a rivered flush to go along with a gutshot straight draw. I hope you are not telling me to fold when he makes it 4-bets. I think I gave off the scent of tilt and he thought I had nothing on the flop and would give him some free rides or fold. I was hoping he had a set, but I am not sure that I should have called the river, but the pot odds were definitely there for a bluff catch.

DN