SB has has about 5,500.

The button is sitting out with less than 1,000 in front of him

BB and UTG both have about 1,500

Blinds are 100/200.

I openraise to 500 with A7o.
SB Calls, BB Folds

Flop comes A T 7 - rainbow

SB leads out for 1,100

What's my action for the flop? and possibly the turn/river?

Rolen
03-30-2005, 01:05 PM
You're almost certainly ahead (I don't think he bets trips or 2p this strongly) + you don't want to be giving free (EDIT, free being relative..) cards. Raise on the flop, probably just the minimum - He may assume you're just trying to bully with the big stack which is good.

Unarmed
03-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Well TT should have reraised PF and there's only 2 7s left in the deck. AT is a real possibiity but if hes the type of guy to call AT PF here he's the type of guy that will bet it right back into you whether he pairs the T or not.

So I dont concern myself with the small % of the time I'm beat here and I just attempt to extract the maximum when I'm good. That involves flat calling the flop.

Now, if his flop bet was a probe he'll check the turn and you can fire 1k back at him. If his flop bet was a monster trying to incite a push from you (which is exactly how I'd play it) he'll shove the turn, giving you a chance to get away if you're in weak little girl mode. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If he bets 1-1.5kish into you on the turn I assume I'm against Ax and call with the intention of pushing the river whether he bets it or not. If he plays a monster that slowly I think you're SOL...

EDIT: misread the blinds, TT doesn't nes. reraise here PF obviously. Doesn't change my thought process but makes a fold on the turn a little less weak (I'm still not folding this hand)