PDA

View Full Version : KQs from BB... pretty standard right?

ode
03-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

I just sat down minute ago, so not much information about players. UTG seems to be quite a goofy, based on the last couple of hands he has played.

ErrantNight
03-30-2005, 10:32 AM
i don't like the turn c/r.

rmarotti
03-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Goofy or not, what range of hands is he 3-betting PF here? This might be a good time to employ the c/call c/call BET line.

ode
03-30-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Goofy or not, what range of hands is he 3-betting PF here? This might be a good time to employ the c/call c/call BET line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe I should've used a stronger word than goofy. I did feel that this guy would 3-bet UTG with about any two cards, I did consider capping preflop.

Results in purple below: <font color="purple">
Hero has Qs Ks (two pair, kings and sevens).
UTG has 9h 8h (two pair, nines and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 13 BB. </font>

ckessel
03-30-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm biased by seeing the results now, but I was actually going to suggest the UTG might have limped with something suited and then reraised when he saw there were so many callers.

I'm not keen on the flop. You've got a flop you like. Either bet at him or check raise. Passive check/call on the flop seems wrong. Either you're way ahead or way behind. If he passively calls a check-raise, you're probably ahead and can bet out. If he reraises, check/call through the river. Yea, he shows a lot of strength if he caps the flop, but you can't give up top pair without pealing one off at that point.

The turn check-raise I'm not sure how I feel. If you're worried your beat, it's a leak. If you're raising for info, probably better to do so at the flop. If you think you're ahead then why not push the flop? It worked and the extra flush outs providing a security blanket, but I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it.

River seems good. He's likely to just call a bet, likely to bet if you check (since he's shown agression). Might as well be the intiator if you're going to showdown anyway.