PDA

View Full Version : Funny story

Tilt
03-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Last night I got pissed off at 50NL after getting it all-in with a nut straight but the fish rivered a flush. So as I sometimes do when I am totally pissed off and know I am going on tilt, I headed to the play money tables to behave like a total maniac for a few minutes until I settle down.

I enter a 5-10 500 buy in game with 7 players and several huge stacks, post in the CO and am dealt 34o. I limper, I make it 50, MP calls, he has like 2000 behind. Flop is A,5,J. MP bets ~75, I raise to 150, he calls. Turn is a deuce. MP puts me all in, I call and double up against his trip jacks.

Next hand I have T9s. folds to me I make it 50 again. Everyone folds. I say to myself, "this is pretty tight for play money". Then it dawns on me...I screwed up. I am sitting at a 5-10 500NL real money table. At pokerroom they group the private table with the play money tables and I hit the wrong one. But now I am $500 richer.

Very quickly I leave. I am sure I made a few buddy lists with that move.

MikeL
03-30-2005, 10:46 AM
This is really scary! It could have been a bankroll
crippling move. I bet you felt your stomach bottom out
when you realized your mistake!

Regards,
Mike L.

swolfe
03-30-2005, 10:48 AM
i did something similar...

i logged on to PokerMountain to try it out, but they only had a couple of games going. One of them was a $200 NL game...I watched it for a couple minutes and it was friggin crazy! People were going all in with bottom pair and weak draws. I bought in and on my 3rd hand I got AA. I raised preflop and got 4 callers (!!), then someone raised and I pushed the rest of my stack in. All 5 called (!!) and my aces got busted by 8-3 who hit two pair /images/graemlins/frown.gif

i went to rebuy and saw that i had $800 available. i thought to myself, "that's weird, i only deposited $500." that's when i noticed that it was a PLAY MONEY table. i was actually a bit relieved that i hadn't really lost $200 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

etgryphon
03-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey swolfe,

I have been trying to try out PokerMountain...There never seems to be anyone on...I'm thinking of just pulling my money and forgetting the bonus

-Gryph

swolfe
03-30-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been trying to try out PokerMountain...There never seems to be anyone on...I'm thinking of just pulling my money and forgetting the bonus

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's pretty much what i did. the only real money NL game they had going was a $25 table with two people on it...so i cashed out and hadn't been back. really fast cash out though..

pzhon
03-30-2005, 01:59 PM
That is a great story.

When someone is berating a fish at the table, one of the responses I have is, "Why are you getting so upset? It's only play money." No one has reacted to that, but if they do, I might say, "OMG, my dad is going to be so mad!" and leave.

steaknshake925
03-30-2005, 02:05 PM
thats the best story ive heard in a long time. awesome story!

etgryphon
03-30-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When someone is berating a fish at the table, one of the responses I have is, "Why are you getting so upset? It's only play money." No one has reacted to that, but if they do, I might say, "OMG, my dad is going to be so mad!" and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice...Do you mind if I steal this? I'm going to have to use it next time I play.

-Gryph

jkkkk
03-30-2005, 02:21 PM
hah this story made me laugh at uni today, good stuff /images/graemlins/smile.gif