PDA

View Full Version : 3 bet this river with set?

thesharpie
03-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

River: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero ???

Did villain really fall into a BD flush? Perhaps a slowplayed straight? Could be a bluff in which case there's no point in reraising.

Is it worth risking getting it 4 bet hoping villain has 2 pair or something?

tiltaholic
03-30-2005, 09:19 AM
against a complete unknown????

well, AA and KK likely cap preflop.
so, we are worried about JT and two clubs.

my default is to call it down and make a note the first time.

recently though, i've been playing fairly weak on the river...maybe i'm seeing the monsters.

screw it...i think it's close, but probably correct to 3-bet.

(and the type of player who will bluff raise the river will likely call a 3-bet "just because he had to see it")

Chris Daddy Cool
03-30-2005, 09:31 AM
you'd be suprised just how often a set is not good here.

tiltaholic
03-30-2005, 09:35 AM
so maybe i'm not seeing monsters...

&lt;owned by g-unit&gt;

DoctorDrew
03-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Is CO likely to bluff raise when this river card comes? A read would really help, like what would he open raise with in CO? Or did CO open raise with JT and is trying to maximize his return (incorrectly failing to put you on a hand that would be all over this flop), with call, call, raise?

If he's more likely a calling station doing what he always does, call. Now he hit his flush and he raises.

In either case, I'd call here and make a note if he shows me two pair or less.