PDA

View Full Version : stupid madden nfl franchise mode

SCfuji
03-30-2005, 05:25 AM
unless i have one of the top 5 draft picks each year the players that i get are bullsh|t. i will scout them and think that im getting a good player that will be able to play at least a back up role but when i sign them to a contract i get a pos douchebag with a 15 stamina rating. if anybody is really good at franchise mode rookie drafting please tell me your secrets.

i know that i shouldnt expect to find ladanian tomlinsons in the draft every year but what about the tom brady's? i have yet to find a great player that is only a couple years of offseason training away from being a contributor to my team.

help, please?

siccjay
03-30-2005, 05:33 AM
I drafted a QB with the #1 pick and then drafted a QB in the 7th round. The 7th rounder had BETTER passing skills. The only thing he was low in was awareness which was like 30 and his overall was maybe 68. (He was slow too) He won the job in the preseason and never looked back. He's a 95 overall now.

Nothing even remotely close to that has happened any other time. Most of the time they are garbage.

zaxx19
03-30-2005, 05:38 AM
If only the San Diego Chargers front office could play this game....

Oh the fun they would have.....

bugstud
03-30-2005, 05:48 AM
In my experience these are always flawed. If you find a good center draft, just take all centers with your last 5-6 picks and have them all be 75+. Trade them for anything you need. rinse and repeat.

Or you can just scam your way to owning all the good 2-3rd round picks...

FoxwoodsFiend
03-30-2005, 05:52 AM
Little known fact-for some reason even if you have a better record than the team you're trading with, the other team will give you good trades of draft picks. You can normally trade your first and second round picks for the first, second, and third round picks of the team with the worst record in the league right before the trade deadline.

Redmen62
03-30-2005, 05:55 AM
They make the generated draft classes unbearable so that people will buy NCAA for the draft classes. Now, those have their own problems unfortunately...

thatpfunk
03-30-2005, 06:13 AM
After 5 or 6 games look at the teams with the worst records. Figure out who will have the worst season and trade your entire draft for theirs.

Redmen62
03-30-2005, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After 5 or 6 games look at the teams with the worst records. Figure out who will have the worst season and trade your entire draft for theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, if you're willing to go this far already, save before the draft, draft and sign players, view all the new rookies, then load your saved game and take the good ones.

Jazza
03-30-2005, 06:34 AM
damn you guys are a bunch of angle shooters

SinCityGuy
03-30-2005, 06:41 AM
Madden sucks.

Front Office Football rules.

Michael Davis
03-30-2005, 06:43 AM
This is a total hijack, but EA Sports has really been pissing me off. The recruiting mode for March Madness 2005 is truly awful, and you have to do it in-season, so it just wastes a lot of time when I want to play games. You can't even simulate it, so if you don't do it you just get walkons for the next year. Ugh.

-Michael

Jeff W
03-30-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Front Office Football rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. Front Office Football is unparalleled.

siccjay
03-30-2005, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a total hijack, but EA Sports has really been pissing me off. The recruiting mode for March Madness 2005 is truly awful, and you have to do it in-season, so it just wastes a lot of time when I want to play games. You can't even simulate it, so if you don't do it you just get walkons for the next year. Ugh.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

EA never gets March Madness right. Ever.

thatpfunk
03-30-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Or, if you're willing to go this far already, save before the draft, draft and sign players, view all the new rookies, then load your saved game and take the good ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats complete BS, they are nothing alike. The game tries to make trades pretty fair. Who is to say that my starting qb and rb don't get hurt and the computer ends up with the better record? What guarantees that I win out? (This is on madden level of course)

tbach24
03-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Heavy contract old guys + early draft picks = Proven young talent. Use the trade function, I rarely have my early picks and then I auto-sim the draft and sign guys cheap just to use roster space so that I can use cap room on FA's in the future. The original draft is where I setup my future (I get guys with long contracts who are young or guys who have good potential).

BadBoyBenny
03-30-2005, 09:04 AM
I always pick guys that are amazing at one thing and average at something else instead of good at both. You can build up their bad skill in training mode. I never pick guys who had average or below average interviews either.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-30-2005, 09:12 AM
i trade picks A TON in this game and end up with a bunch of first and second rounders by angle shooting my way through. the draft picks themselves are of course not that great, but still great fun to do.

the main thing you'll get out of your rookies is a brand new player to build up. the development he'll get just by playing a full season should give him all the attributes to be a star in the future.

SCfuji
03-30-2005, 03:35 PM
im trying to play realistically. i go through all the trouble of mapping out what players that are on my current roster will need development and then i cross off those training regimens and look at what skills i will be able to build-up. then i look for rookies that don't need those skills to be developed immediately but i still get trash.

you guys are effin cheaters!!!!!!! hahahahahaa 'angle shooting' in madden. haahhaha. i used to do this too where i would continually pick up FAs and trade them for 5th round draft picks over and over again
and monopolize close to a third of the first round draft picks. of course my team became very unhappy and my penalties grew, but oh well. playing franchise mode like that isn't fun. having ladanian tomlinson (yes i play the chargers because i love the chargers stfu thx) break his spine or whatever and getting his CAReer ended short sucked big time.

oh and another question

i am a pro at all the training regimens except for linebacker tackle (i am afraid to go past pro for the sure 4 points) and the lineman rush workouts. how do i get better at the linebacker tackle... stupid fullback always effs me up. and the lineman thing well sometimes i can get the 4 in pro difficulty but i usually just stick with the 3.

kerssens
03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Run the linebacker at the FB and then switch to the safety to make the tackle....for the outside runs you can just run to the ball carrier and the FB is usually too slow to get to you....as for the D-line drill I usually just do rookie and quit with 3 points.

Redmen62
03-30-2005, 06:13 PM
For the Chase and tackle drill, if your player has good agility you can make a lot of the inside tackles by "strafing" to the direction the play goes to off the snap using the R buttons, then immediately before the blocker engages you strafe back to the inside and attempt a a tackle. If your player gets engaged first, make the tackle with the SS. I consider chase and tackle to be perhaps the easiest seven points in the drills.

Redmen62
03-30-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

you guys are effin cheaters!!!!!!! hahahahahaa 'angle shooting' in madden.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing could be further from the truth in my case. I bend over backwards to try and cobble together a legitimate NFL environment from EA's clusterfudge. Madden's franchise mode is disgustingly boring if you play without any constraints, as they game engine/trade AI/CPU team management is just to weak.

No angle-shooting here.

tbach24
03-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Lineback doesn't get harder. It's a huge joke. Just go through the line and go for a sack and if you fail just play conservative with the safety and get an easy tackle. That and the running ones are the only that I do because the rest aren't fun.

A_C_Slater
03-30-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lineback doesn't get harder. It's a huge joke. Just go through the line and go for a sack and if you fail just play conservative with the safety and get an easy tackle. That and the running ones are the only that I do because the rest aren't fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fun Schmun. Franchise mode isn't about fun. It's about making EV+ trades and player cuts. It's about stat building and running a football team better than a GM could in real life, because you are smarter than him, and if only you were in charge the Lions would have won 6 Superbowls from 2001-2010.

It's about nittiness. Never fun.

My Punter MUST have 99 kick power even though that's too far and will only cause more touchbacks to occur, but it's the principle that matters!