PDA

View Full Version : Carnivale

[censored]
03-30-2005, 04:31 AM
I just caught the latest episode, wow I did not see that coming at all. Everyone else caught off gaurd?

jakethebake
03-30-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just caught the latest episode, wow I did not see that coming at all. Everyone else caught off gaurd?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. What did you not see coming?

IndieMatty
03-30-2005, 12:04 PM
That might be the last episode. I didn't think she would turn evil.

I actually didn't like the ending.

sexypanda
03-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Was that the last episode of the season?

What about the mirror saying she was the omega? They did set it up pretty well.

Hermlord
03-30-2005, 12:30 PM
There was simply too much happening for me to know if I liked it or not. Usually at the end of an episode I feel like "holy sh*t, that was incredible!" This time I felt like "what in holy hell just happened?" I need to watch it again.

Is there gonna be a third season? I hope so but I could see them killing the show now.

But for my money, (most) HBO original series are far and away the best new TV out there. Many of them I think are genuinely art.

Edit: Yes that was the season finale.

IndieMatty
03-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Right, I knew she was the daughter of Brother Justin, but I thought there would be more of an internal struggle for her will.

Yes that was the Season Finale. And it has not been renewed by HBO yet for a third season.

IndieMatty
03-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Every HBO show is great. Deadwood right now, is the best thing on television and is rivaling the Sopranos as best show ever.

Hermlord
03-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Eh, it's not that I don't think Deadwood is great at what it does, I just feel like between all their other shows, it doesn't really break any new ground. Plus I just don't need to go adding *more* regular shows to my TV lineup.

Sopranos -- awesome of course
The Wire -- somehow everyone I know missed this one. Until Season 2 of Carnivale, I thought it was the best show on TV, period. Now it's closer to a tie.
Unscripted -- hated it, got high, loved it.
Six Feet Under -- beautiful.
Sex in the City -- thank god this self-indulgent predictable crap is dead, or at least relegated to syndication hell.
Curb Your Enthusiasm -- hilarious.
America Undercover -- anyone who thinks Americans are *all* turning into mindless suburban clones needs to check this out.

What am I forgetting?

xadrez
03-30-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What am I forgetting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dream On!!!

xadrez
03-30-2005, 01:05 PM
The ending was decent I thought, and continued the shows penchant for leaving the viewer with new questions while answering others.

Ben has fully taken the role of "Management" (injured, traveling as the head of the carnival, etc)...Sophie has now assumed the role of his opposite.

The question(s) remain however...

-Did Sophie heal Justin or merely receive her "Boon". If she healed him then she posseses not only his powers but Ben's as well.

-Is Sophie pregnant with Ben's child? If so, what does this mean for the child?

-Lodz role in still unclear. Which side is he on?

-As the show has alluded, Light (Scudder) gives birth to dark (Ben), and vice versa (Management --> Brother Justin).
Therefore Sophie being dark (daughter of BJustin) doesnt fall in line with this theory.

GREAT Show.

And IMHO of HBO shows

1)The Wire
2)Carnivale,6 Feet Under (tie)
3)Sopranos (seasons 1-3)
4)Curb Your Enthusiasm
5)Deadwood
6)Sopranos (seasons 3- )

All are great tho

sexypanda
03-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Umm... I think you forgot the show displayed in your avatar. In fact it seems as though everyone has, and it's a classic IMO.

ClassicBob
03-30-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, it's not that I don't think Deadwood is great at what it does, I just feel like between all their other shows, it doesn't really break any new ground. Plus I just don't need to go adding *more* regular shows to my TV lineup.

Sopranos -- awesome of course
The Wire -- somehow everyone I know missed this one. Until Season 2 of Carnivale, I thought it was the best show on TV, period. Now it's closer to a tie.
Unscripted -- hated it, got high, loved it.
Six Feet Under -- beautiful.
Sex in the City -- thank god this self-indulgent predictable crap is dead, or at least relegated to syndication hell.
Curb Your Enthusiasm -- hilarious.
America Undercover -- anyone who thinks Americans are *all* turning into mindless suburban clones needs to check this out.

What am I forgetting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you're only listing current shows, you did fine. But if you want to list every great show, you forgot the greatness of Oz. Oz is what first turned me on the HBO series. Sopranos is actually one of my least favorites. I'm kicking myself for not watching Deadwood from the beginning. I guess I'll have to get the first season DVD to check it out, because I keep hearing raves about it.

xadrez
03-30-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Umm... I think you forgot the show displayed in your avatar. In fact it seems as though everyone has, and it's a classic IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt list it partly because they took the idea from a show that was already popular (in England)...kind of a stretch, but I only included the stuff HBO came up with themselves...

Now Oz, that was a stupid omission on my part. Oz was great but tailed off in terms of original content over the last 3 or so seasons.

The last truly great season was the one where Adibizi is killed in the finale.