PDA

View Full Version : Game trends / time of day

Tk79
03-30-2005, 04:20 AM
Anyone noticed any perticular time of day (or day of the week for that matter) being softer than other times and days?

SoftcoreRevolt
03-30-2005, 04:34 AM
Sure, 8 PM EST-2:30 AM EST is typically the softest the games will be, since the most amount of players (IE Drunk players) are on the tables.

This is true on Fridays x3.

MasterShakes
03-30-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure, 8 PM EST-2:30 AM EST is typically the softest the games will be, since the most amount of players (IE Drunk players) are on the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, except the part about Friday might be a bit of an exaggeration.

GrekeHaus
03-30-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Over my winter break, I pretty much played poker full time. Games during the day were much tougher than the ones I played at night. I would generally play all night, sometimes up until 7 or 8 in the morning (CDT), but during the day, the players were much better. I would say the difference has more to do with better players than people being drunk (tho that might account for something). The difference was just too great.

GrandmaStabone
03-30-2005, 05:21 AM
[quote
Agreed, except the part about Friday might be a bit of an exaggeration.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno.......

mack848
03-30-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a UK player, this means that I have never played at the juciest times! No wonder the 3/6 games seem tight.

Does this mean that UK pros should aim to play between 01:00 and 07:30 GMT?

liquidboss
03-30-2005, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I've always thought too. During the recent US Poker Championship on ESPN I saw John Dagostino say he gets up at 3am and plays til mid morning, sleeps awhile then plays during the hours above. I haven't played much during these early morning times, anyone have any experience then?

SinCityGuy
03-30-2005, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also the time that the vast majority of professional multitablers play. I've found some really good games between 11 AM and 3 PM Pacific time. The total number of seats being filled isn't is high as during primetime, but a lot of that has to do with the lack of multitablers.

Freakin
03-30-2005, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I've always thought too. During the recent US Poker Championship on ESPN I saw John Dagostino say he gets up at 3am and plays til mid morning, sleeps awhile then plays during the hours above. I haven't played much during these early morning times, anyone have any experience then?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a great time to play, cause it's during the day in teh UK, and all those guys are fish!

Freakin

mack848
03-30-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a great time to play, cause it's during the day in teh UK, and all those guys are fish!

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to play against UK fish, you want to play US afternoons.

UKFISH

LSUfan1
03-30-2005, 10:13 AM
let's not make this a flame post. UK vs US will not get us anywhere. There are so many fish in the pond, who cares which side of the pond you fish from?

No_Stake
03-30-2005, 10:23 AM
i worknights so late night morning is when i get to play the most, i would say 6pm pacific till 12 am pacific to be the best and then 12am-3:30am pacific to be real damn good also from about 11am-6pm is decent but from 3:30am-11am pacific the games are terrible, full of old people trying to supplement social security

contentless
03-30-2005, 01:39 PM
http://www.pokerpulse.com/pr/party.htm#chart

or any other Poker Pulse chart, for that matter.

flair1239
03-30-2005, 01:57 PM
As a general rule I think that games start to loosen up noiticeable around 9pm CST. I think this has to do with the West coast donks starting to come on-line.

I played during the day on my vacation, it was tight, but not hugely difficult.

goodguy_1
03-30-2005, 06:05 PM
I agree.My hours-sleeping,workouts etc revolve around optimal times to play.

For me I've found that the best 8 hour window is 9pm est-5am est.At 9pm as you said the west coast and east coast donks converge for a solid 4 hours.It can be difficult to get into the best games at this time because there are many decent muli-tablers so it is alot of fuggin work-table-hopping to stay in decent games.I 6-8 table $3-6 LHE Full and sprinkle in some $5-10 6MAX,$100 or $200NL 6MAX and Full.The best NLHE games rarely have more than half a dozen people on a waitlist.$3-6 Full at the peak multi-tabler time window(~6pm est-3am est) can make waitlists long ie 6-15 players.The best times for optimal good games and low waitlists is from 12 am est-7 am est.The peak best games are usually at 11pm -4am est.Waitlists really thin out after~3am est.Optimal time to play good games/short waitlists is 2am-6am even 7 am est.Problem is that after around 3 am the number of good games games declines.Usually around 5am/6am there many only be half a dozen decent games at most-but the waitlists are empty.

Optimal overall 8 hour window is 9pm -5am est or 10pm-6am est.I am very game selective and dont hang around in poor games unless I'm crushing a table.

pzhon
03-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Many American fish play on Party. The games tend to be better when it is convenient for fish to play, so this means evenings and weekends Eastern-Pacific time.

Many British fish play on the Cryptologic network. The pound games in particular tend to be better when it is easier for British fish to play, which means evenings and weekends GMT.

Graham
03-31-2005, 02:52 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Auteur: goodguy_1
Sujet: Re: Game trends / time of day

I agree.My hours-sleeping,workouts etc revolve around optimal times to play.

For me I've found that the best 8 hour window is 9pm est-5am est.At 9pm as you said the west coast and east coast donks converge for a solid 4 hours.It can be difficult to get into the best games at this time because there are many decent muli-tablers so it is alot of fuggin work-table-hopping to stay in decent games.I 6-8 table $3-6 LHE Full and sprinkle in some $5-10 6MAX,$100 or $200NL 6MAX and Full.The best NLHE games rarely have more than half a dozen people on a waitlist.$3-6 Full at the peak multi-tabler time window(~6pm est-3am est) can make waitlists long ie 6-15 players.The best times for optimal good games and low waitlists is from 12 am est-7 am est.The peak best games are usually at 11pm -4am est.Waitlists really thin out after~3am est.Optimal time to play good games/short waitlists is 2am-6am even 7 am est.Problem is that after around 3 am the number of good games games declines.Usually around 5am/6am there many only be half a dozen decent games at most-but the waitlists are empty.

Optimal overall 8 hour window is 9pm -5am est or 10pm-6am est.I am very game selective and dont hang around in poor games unless I'm crushing a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

gg,

Stop playing that limit sh#t. Make some real money.