PDA

View Full Version : pokertracker question

Bob L
03-30-2005, 04:12 AM
Ive downloaded thousands of hands into this and was wondering about the little picture that is given beside each player.I have not set any values to the little pics and just have what it originally set at when I downloaded the software.Im assuming the optimium goal is to be the hawk or eagle?Whats funny is that (because I have the most hands) I'm the biggest winner in my database and have a little hawk-but on the other spectrum -the biggest loser also has a little hawk as his pic(although he doesnt have near the hands than I do). I have also played my other account(empire) and that account has a big yellow smiley face beside it.If anyone can provide any insight it would be very helpful.

GrekeHaus
03-30-2005, 04:49 AM
You can set these to be different things. If you're using the standard one, you should aim to be the money bag. The Eagle is tight/aggressive, but not aggressive enough.

For a given player, symbol and ammount won/lost won't correlate unless you have a ton of hands for each person. This is the long term affect of standard deviation.

ryanghall
03-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Be careful. The money bag isn't correct for all forms of hold'em.

For example, if you're playing low-limit NL hold'em (let's say $50 or $100 buyin), you probably don't want to be the money bag. A rock will likely be as successful at this level as anyone.

Ryan