PDA

View Full Version : KJ in BB

wrto4556
03-30-2005, 02:50 AM
$1/2 pot limit-live

MP3 is a thinking player.

I get delt the K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB.

It's folded to MP3 who mini raises it. I call.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif,J /images/graemlins/club.gif,7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check. MP3 mini bets it. I call.

Turn is a dud, 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif(?)

I bet $6...(planning on folding to a raise)

Look good? If so, how do I play the river if called?

joewatch
03-30-2005, 02:57 AM
Question is, what are you trying to represent with the turn? If you think villain has a weak ace, I think check-raise either the flop or turn is a much better play.

BobboFitos
03-30-2005, 03:00 AM
1. stack sizes are so important, please edit hand

2. KJo OOP vs a thinking player who raises... I call!

Bleh, I guess it's a minraise, but would help to know what a minraise vs this opponent means. If it means any hand he'd limp he's bumping up 2, then calling is fine. If it means he has a premium hand, I like many other hands rather then KJo to crack them.

On the turn 13 in pot you bet almost half pot. Seems fine. I really have no idea what kind of hand a thinking player would min bet pf and then flop. So it's like swimming in uncharted waters. I hope the sharks dont eat you. Or piranahs. Or whatever lays in the water.

wrto4556
03-30-2005, 03:01 AM
My bad. I play limit, stacks are not important.

Villian has been on a good run all night. Has $400 in front of him, I have $130.

wrto4556
03-30-2005, 03:03 AM
MP3 mini raises in position with quite a few hands. Basically to pick up the blinds or get heads up with the BB in position, but I have seen him switch it up with KK.

BobboFitos
03-30-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP3 mini raises in position with quite a few hands. Basically to pick up the blinds or get heads up with the BB in position, but I have seen him switch it up with KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats the case I might just assume my hand is good on the flop and bet outright. Like, if he open limped, (which you're saying being folded to him anything he open limps with he'll min raise) I'd bet this flop. 9 inthere, fire out 5. Hand plays differently.