PDA

View Full Version : Question for Sklansky about hand versus Cindy Violet?

jdock99
03-30-2005, 02:45 AM
I have a quick question about your hand versus Cindy, where you bet w/ the A4 with the ace on board, she raised you all in with A9 (or whatever it was), and you called. Obviously, we didn't see a lot of hands on the TV, but nothing I have seen from her from the small sample size we did see indicates that she would make this move without at least another ace, meaning you were in very deep trouble. That being said I was wondering why you called? The only thing I do not know (and unfortunately we on TV almost never know) was how many chips you were actually calling, how big the pot was already, and how big your stack was going to be in relation to the other two players assuming you lost the pot and she doubled up. For you to make the call I am assuming a.)you beleived she was capable of making this play with a worse hand, or b.)you had committed yourself so that you now had the correct odds to chase, or c.)even if you lost you would have still had enough chips it was worth it to take the chance to knock out the player.

On a side note, in the first Fox tournament with Hansen, Ivey, etc., I think most of the players were playing very well, and I saw very little obviously bad plays, which is to be expected from the caliber of these players, even though they were not necessarily sit-n-go/satellite players, which is what these tournies basically are. However, watching some of the new episodes, I am noticing a lot of players making some real bad plays, especially in the beginning when the blinds are small and the stacks are deep. It is obvious that no matter how good these players are at the games they are good at, not all of them are adjusting well to this particular format, and I would hazard to guess a good Partypoker or Pokerstars $30 sit-n-go player would be a favorite over some of them.