PDA

View Full Version : Boring BB hand

deepsquat
03-30-2005, 02:36 AM
When lead into on the turn, should i raise this?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

xLukex
03-30-2005, 02:59 AM
A read on the SB would help.

If he typically hoards aces, I think a raise on the turn is justified.

keikiwai
03-30-2005, 03:13 AM
Somewhat tricky though.... even if he hoards As, since that could mean he hoards A3o, and anyone's playing A3s, or X3s in the SB, so I think calling down is justified. If the flop didn't put one card needed for a straight on the board I think a more aggressive tack would have been justified... also if not playing against a blind. A and K on the board are less worry some than for example Q and J on the board, since a two pair AK is less likely since there was no pf raise.

SCfuji
03-30-2005, 04:46 AM
no, call call unimproved. raise for value if you fill up. let him keep bluffing at you if he has a lone ace. if he has a higher 2 pair combo like A5 he has you beat and wont fold to your turn raise.

but if you happen to raise the turn and he calls i think checking behind on the river is probably best, even though it sounds weak.

caggin
03-30-2005, 04:48 AM
I think you played it fine. There's no point in raising the turn here. If you're behind, you don't want to be 3-bet here. By calling, you get to a showdown losing the least possible. If you're ahead, meaning he's bluffing, he'll presumably fold to a raise, so you win more by just calling and letting him try again on the river.