PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for the turn w/AK goes awry!!!

crunchy1
03-30-2005, 02:16 AM
LA-A was tricky. Had an earlier hand where I was on a steal from the SB and he waited to raise on the turn with overcards and a flush draw. I'd also seen him call down with A-high against aggression. He was loose (too many weak hands) but he was tricky with them.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 <font color="#A500AF">(Tricky LA-A)</font> calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB <font color="#A500AF">(LP-P)</font> calls, BB <font color="#A500AF">(TP-P)</font> calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
LP-P checks, <font color="#CC3333">TP-P bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Tricky LA-A raises</font>, LP-P calls, TP-P calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">I thought this would be a good place to wait until the turn to get a raise in against the flush draws. Especially with the bettor being on my immediate right I was confident I could face the remaining two with 2 bets on the turn if the flush didn't hit. And then the LA-A raised behind me.</font>

Turn: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
LP-P checks, TP-P checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Tricky LA-A raises</font>, LP-P calls, TP-P calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">Because of what happened on the flop I decided to lead into the LA-A hoping that he would raise it for me and face the remaining to with 2 BBs. </font>

River: (16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
LP-P checks, TP-P checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Tricky LA-A bets</font>, LP-P calls, TP-P folds, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">Given the bet came from the tricky player, and the caller was the FISH and not the ROCK I thought an overcall was a pretty easy decision. Anyone fold here?</font>

Final Pot: 19 BB

ErrantNight
03-30-2005, 02:22 AM
this is a bad place to wait for the turn. this is an easy flop raise.

folding the river would be horrible, but you shoulda gone to war on the flop, which may have straightened the rest of the hand out

CallMeIshmael
03-30-2005, 02:25 AM
Flush draws can still call profitably on the turn, even if you wait.

Many hands can't call profitably for two on the flop but can for one. Raise the flop, go from there.