PDA

View Full Version : Higher variance at micro limits?

Downrock
03-30-2005, 01:56 AM
I started playin at paradise poker about a week and a half ago. put in the min deposit and played 0.05/0.10 and then moved up to 0.10/0.20 as my bankroll increased. I've only played about 8-10k hands there so its hard to get a good read yet, but im taking huge swings. Still way up overall but I'll often find myself taking 50-80BB dips for short periods of time. I know most of this has to be due to my play needing work, but do high amounts of callers account for a much larger variance? Thanks all.

bottomset
03-30-2005, 01:59 AM
generally the higher variance is reserved for high aggression and shorthanded games

.05/.1 through .50/1 should be pretty stable

Downrock
03-30-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
generally the higher variance is reserved for high aggression and shorthanded games

.05/.1 through .50/1 should be pretty stable

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense to me. I think its 90% due to my play. When I get up in a session, I have a tendency to loosen up like crazy and think im invincible instead of maintaining the tightness that got me there in the first place. After a fairly large swing i then seem to tighten up and get it back together and start winning again. I kinda figured it was my play, thanks.

hate
03-30-2005, 02:03 AM
Higher amounts of people seeing the river on incorrect odds is always going to be higher variance, but it'll always be more profitable. People that lower their VP$IP to the more profitable hands are costing themselves money.