PDA

View Full Version : AKos on the button

ZebraAss
03-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Blinds are 25/50 at a 50/5 tournament
8 players at the table
you have about 800 chips
UTG+1(2200) Raises to 200

What is the default play? UTG+1 is solid but called an all in with 88 at level 2 when she had 900 chips.

lastchance
03-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Why are you asking this question? If the answer is not "push," by a long way, I need to reassess my SNG skillz.

TheUsher
03-30-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
8 players at the table
you have about 800 chips

What is the default play? UTG+1 is solid but called an all in with 88 at level 2 when she had 900 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops noticed you're on the button.

I'd probably push here and be prepared for a race if called. You'll probably get AJ/AQ to fold and be up against 88-QQ. All depends on the raiser though but like you said they'd most likely call. If you just call and see a flop, most of the time you'll miss and have to fold to a bet or check/fold. All depends if you'd like to gambool or not but AK is a nice racing hand. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now if you had something like TT/JJ it would be more interesting....

ZebraAss
03-30-2005, 02:11 AM
No lastchance...its me trying to reassess my own SNG skills. 500 SNG's of break even poker. I have to start posting more hands because I am doing something seriously wrong.

PS: Yea i pushed.

Pepsquad
03-30-2005, 02:24 AM
Fold. Unless you LIKE the wrong side of coin flips. Very few times will she have AQ or AJ here from UTG if she's solid. Nine times out of ten it's JJ-77 not wanting to see a flop. You will find better situations later.

Pep.

Benoit
03-30-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
8 players at the table
you have about 800 chips

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably push here and be prepared for a race if called. You'll probably get AJ/AQ to fold and be up against 88-QQ. All depends on the raiser though but like you said they'd most likely call. If you just call and see a flop, most of the time you'll miss and have to fold to a bet or check/fold. All depends if you'd like to gambool or not but AK is a nice racing hand. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If she is likely to call a reraise all-in, what about a stop and go? Either way our chips are going in the middle, so maybe this way she might fold on the flop when she misses too.

johnnybeef
03-30-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 is solid but called an all in with 88 at level 2 when she had 900 chips

[/ QUOTE ]

you just contradicted yourself

TheUsher
03-30-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
8 players at the table
you have about 800 chips

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If she is likely to call a reraise all-in, what about a stop and go? Either way our chips are going in the middle, so maybe this way she might fold on the flop when she misses too.

[/ QUOTE ]

No stop n go with them acting first.

ZebraAss
03-30-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if i said she was solid AND called off her chips with 88. What I said infers that she is capable of making marginal calls.

Why make a useless reply???

johnnybeef
03-30-2005, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if i said she was solid AND called off her chips with 88. What I said infers that she is capable of making marginal calls.

Why make a useless reply???

[/ QUOTE ]

calling a push with 88 early on is not solid in any way shape or form. hence, the statement a solid player called an allin with 88 is a contradiction. the reason i posted this is to perhaps identify a leak in your game if you would make this move and consider yourself solid.

Rolen
03-30-2005, 09:57 AM
If someone has moved allin the previous 4 hands with 27o, 45o, 29s and 23o (they've shown the table after everyone's folded) and they move allin, get no callers and you're the BB, is..'calling a push with 88 early on is not solid in any way shape or form'..that still true?

Benoit
03-31-2005, 03:10 AM
No then I call it solid. You are using what you observed about this player to make a more informed decision on calling their all-in. This wide range of hands means they probably are not all-in with a higher pocket pair, so to call gives you at least a 55% chance to build your stack.