PDA

View Full Version : bonus clearing fun AQo

bonanz
03-30-2005, 01:01 AM
I'm enjoying myself spewing around chips clearing the last few hands of my bonus, come find me if you want free money /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I hadn't seen this guy do anything interesting, quiet but somewhat loose

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (11.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

any good?

JKetzer
03-30-2005, 01:59 AM
Okay. UTG can't have much of a draw on this flop since you already hold the ace of trump and he capped preflop, so the one I'm worrying about is the BB, who cold-called a 3-bet preflop and therefore probably had some pair or high Broadways. Pretty much any hand he's got is going to have its outs heavily discounted. All that said, I think you can simply raise the flop and face him with two right away. With the threat of a 3-bet and possible cap behind, he's almost certainly going to need a beast of a hand to stick around now.

Moving along to the turn - BB gives it up, UTG only calls. Could be AK taking shots at you; could be AA or KK scared of the potential flush.

When he bets the river I'm 90% sure I'm going to see a big pair here, probably AA/KK. But I have to be 92.2% sure to fold, so in goes the crying call.

EDIT: Things that would be nice to know - Is UTG aware that you've temporarily gone insane? Is the BB a thinking player?

bonanz
03-30-2005, 02:12 AM
yeah i forgot to mention the bb, total total fish, not worried about him at all. and actually I was going insane at 3 other tables but i think this is the first hand i played in a few orbits at this table, so my insanity was hidden.

the flop raise was for a free showdown unimproved, but obviously didn't work, so i shed a tear and pushed my chips in.

I have seen some posts about flop situations kinda like this and i wasn't really sure what the best line was here since it was capped. whats a good line here considering bb is super fish and villain is regular fish?