PDA

View Full Version : QQ in MP - Turn/River Play?

AlphaMeridian
03-30-2005, 12:55 AM
I can't believe I'm asking this, but I think I messed up the turn/river.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (8.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

UTG+2 is a TAG who I play with a lot. The table overall has been really tight, which brings me to the turn. He checks to me, but the hands I would put him limping in on given his relatively poor position do include hands with Aces and Kings. In any case, I feel as if I should check the turn here, and then bet the river. OTOH, if I do that, and I induce a bluff on the river, can I call it? I'm thinking he MIGHT limp something like KJo or ATs in EP at this table. Opinions? Is my range of hands i'm putting him on PF just totally wrong?

-Alpha

cold_cash
03-30-2005, 01:04 AM
I think you played it fine.

It's hard to say what he's got once he calls the turn bet though. On the flop he could have a smaller pocket pair that he thinks is good. Once the fourth Jack hits though he has to know he's hosed if that's the case, so that makes his call of your turn bet a little perplexing.

Think about it though: What hand could he have that would warrant that kind of flop action? I'll guess a pocket pair 55-88, and he didn't realize he got totally homered on the turn and he's trying to play his 6-card "super boat".

KaiShin
03-30-2005, 01:08 AM
I think he check/calls the flop and checks the river cause he thinks you have an A, which probably means he has a K or less. This is a tough decision between checking and betting the river, but I think I like the bet more, since he would likely bet a K.

aK13
03-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Given his play on the flop and his check on the turn, I'm going to actually say your QQ might be good to win the pot. He plays like he has a made hand, and I'd put him on a pocket pair (not KK or AA or he would have reraised you preflop). I doubt he would be 3 betting you on the flop with A or K high, and furthermore he would definitely bet if he had A high on the turn, knowing that there is no possible way he can lose the hand and your aggression on the flop. I'd continue pushing, I think you're ahead.