PDA

View Full Version : Did 17 out of 24 refuse to play in PSI2?

betgo
03-30-2005, 12:41 AM
I think there are 24 places, so if 17 stayed out demanding more money that leaves only 7 of the originals. Not everyone may have agreed to be a replacement, which explains some of the obscure superstars.

Paul Phillips
03-30-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there are 24 places, so if 17 stayed out demanding more money that leaves only 7 of the originals. Not everyone may have agreed to be a replacement, which explains some of the obscure superstars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear about this, 17 didn't stay out "demanding more money." Seventeen of us agreed to stick together and abide by the majority decision as to acceptable terms. Unfortunately when the major discussion and vote took place some people (including me) were unreachable at the monte carlo tournament. But for that, and with a slightly less rushed decision making process, I'm sure the vote would have gone the other way.

Some of us agreed to tie our fates together thinking there was no way the group would fail to find a compromise position. Live and learn.

Grisgra
03-30-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear about this, 17 didn't stay out "demanding more money." Seventeen of us agreed to stick together and abide by the majority decision as to acceptable terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

And precisely, if I may ask, why did the majority not think the terms were acceptable?

betgo
03-30-2005, 12:49 PM
When I used to term "demanding more money", I did not mean to be critical. I was being slightly ironic and humorous in my choice of words. I probably should have said "trying to negotiate a more favorable agreement." I think that means about the same thing.

I don't think anyone here would be critical of the players who stayed out. A lot of people might be critical of various aspects of how the production of this show was handled.

wray
03-30-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear about this, 17 didn't stay out "demanding more money." Seventeen of us agreed to stick together and abide by the majority decision as to acceptable terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

And precisely, if I may ask, why did the majority not think the terms were acceptable?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty obvious Paul is the best one to ask. But I read Daniel Negreanu's journal about this......He said the some of the people were against the amount of money being added.

It was at www.fullcontactpoker.com (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com)