PDA

View Full Version : 50+5: AA on scary board. What do you put Villian on?

AA suited
03-30-2005, 12:28 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB (t1355)
UTG (t985)
<font color="#C00000">HERO (t915)</font>
MP1 (t1812)
MP2 (t720)
<font color="#C00000">MP3 (t1030)</font>
CO (t720)
Button (t1203)
SB (t1260)

Preflop: HERO is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HERO calls t50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t250) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">HERO bets t125</font>, MP3 calls t125, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (t500) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">HERO bets t250</font>, MP3 calls t250.

River: (t1000) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
HERO ?

Table is tight. everyone folded to min a raise by utg a few hands ago, thus my limp with AA.

I have no specific read on mp3. his calling my 1/2 pot bet on turn scares me.

I dont think he has A4 for the straight since he didn;t raise me me on the turn. He could have A2 for trip 2's and slow playing, but that 5 scared him so he just called. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

On the river, if i bet and he raises, I fold. CORRECT play?

or should I check/call instead?

What is the correct play on the river?

BradleyT
03-30-2005, 12:31 AM
Table is tight but you're putting him on A2 or A4?

You have him clobbered. He probably has 6's or 7's.

adanthar
03-30-2005, 01:24 AM
You think that board is the least bit scary?

It would've been if the *BB* had called your flop bet, but you've got everything buried now except for the rare A2s and 33/55.

You have the nut two pair. No one is drawing out on you unless the guy picked up his club draw on the turn, and if he did, he missed.

Put him all in on the river and hope 88 calls.

pipes
03-30-2005, 01:32 AM
If you bet, you must call any raise as you will have very little chips left over.

I think your concern should be how to get the optimal amount from a pair of 7s or 8s. If he has you beat, not much you can do here other than fire up another one. But in most cases like this, you have them beat.

If this was a long tourney with deep stacks, I'd play this hand differently. But its not, so I'd just go ahead and bet 300 or so and call any raise as you are pot committed.

lastchance
03-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Yeah, it's not about what to do when you're beat, but what to do when you're not. You're going broke if he has you beat. You can't lay down here.

How are you going to extract value? On that particular board, given the action, I'd push, and hope he wasn't slowplaying.

Oh yeah, and raise preflop. Blinds are t50, and those are worth fighting for.

willie
03-30-2005, 02:03 AM
you had him beat.....who knows what he had, maybe kj for what he suspects is top 2?

i'm almost positive you folded the best hand here.

AA suited
03-30-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's not about what to do when you're beat, but what to do when you're not. You're going broke if he has you beat. You can't lay down here.

How are you going to extract value? On that particular board, given the action, I'd push, and hope he wasn't slowplaying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you say that i can't lay down on the river?

AA suited
03-30-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you had him beat.....who knows what he had, maybe kj for what he suspects is top 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt fold. i checked on the river and so did he. he had 88.

lastchance
03-30-2005, 03:30 AM
There's t1000 in the pot, and you only have t500 left. You really are going to fold an overpair there? The turn bet commits you to being all-in on the river. I woulda pushed the turn and doubled up if I wasn't being a weak-tight pansy.

There's no way in hell you can laydown AA at any point in this pot. You're going broke if he's got you beat, and if you're not, you aren't playing well enough.

willie
03-30-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap, forgive my sleep deprived stupidity. i read this line in your post

but that 5 scared him so he just called.

On the river, if i bet and he raises, I fold. CORRECT play?

nevermind.

eastbay
03-30-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Laying down the river is a terrible mistake no matter how the hand plays out from here.

This is exactly the kind of hand I used to misplay badly before I studied Raymer's style. Ah, those were the days.

eastbay

TheUsher
03-30-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Laying down the river is a terrible mistake no matter how the hand plays out from here.

This is exactly the kind of hand I used to misplay badly before I studied Raymer's style. Ah, those were the days.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance I could get a link to Raymer's style? Seems like it would be interesting reading for everyone here that hasn't seen it before.

(I'll do my googling too but thought I'd ask for all the others that might be wondering because of your post)

adanthar
03-30-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Put him all in on the river and hope 88 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He'd probably have called /images/graemlins/tongue.gif