PDA

View Full Version : Stupid raise?

peachy
03-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Preflop: Peach is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Peach raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Peach bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Peach raises</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

Alobar
03-29-2005, 10:43 PM
I like it, most of the time its a bluff....if he had the 9 hed check raise your ass and youve got no reason to think hes got a K.

Since most of the time they fold these hands, i can only conclude that its some weak PP or maybe a 2.

I suppose if its a bluff a call would be better as he may bluff again on the river. But I think its a weak made hand often enough that raising is by far the better play, or its a semi bluff with a draw, in which case you get the extra bet from him.

well played

zeropotential
the preflop raise is questionably in my opinion but i've been making it more and more recently so i wont complain

as for the turn raise its deffinitly a raise/fold situation... i'm more inclined to fold unless bb is known to get bold and try stuff in which case i'm fine with the raise...

when you make this raise whats the plan for the river? check it through?

spydog
I like the raise if you plan on showing this one down. Of course, I would check behind on the river if called. Also, you must be prepared to fold to a 3-bet.

This play is opponent dependent as you must be confident that you have some fold equity when you raise.

peachy
03-29-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the preflop raise is questionably in my opinion but i've been making it more and more recently so i wont complain

as for the turn raise its deffinitly a raise/fold situation... i'm more inclined to fold unless bb is known to get bold and try stuff in which case i'm fine with the raise...

when you make this raise whats the plan for the river? check it through?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i dont hit anything yes ill check it but if i do then i bet

gaming_mouse
03-29-2005, 11:43 PM
i like everything but the PF raise. I much AT up front unless the game is really soft.

i also like how you always identify yourself as "Peach" rather than "Hero."

peachy
03-29-2005, 11:53 PM
hehehe im tha PEACH!!!

gaming_mouse
03-29-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hehehe im tha PEACH!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

and you've got it!

Lame Amateur
03-30-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hehehe im tha PEACH!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just like to say that the fact that peach in Super Mario 2 (for the NES) could fly, while no other characters could, was perhaps the biggest stride taken in the feminist movement in the 1980s.

ckessel
03-30-2005, 12:13 AM
The preflop raise seems pretty questionable right off the bat. Either limp or muck I think. ATs I'd raise, but off suit it's not that powerful.

Betting the flop is good.

Raising the turn seems like spew to me. The guy either has a K or a 9. A check-raise turn bluff is pretty unlikely at small stakes.

CallMeIshmael
03-30-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The preflop raise seems pretty questionable right off the bat. Either limp or muck I think. ATs I'd raise, but off suit it's not that powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the muck. I think limping is the worst of the three options.

[ QUOTE ]
A check-raise turn bluff is pretty unlikely at small stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

True (though they happen). But there wasnt one here. He simply bet.

CallMeIshmael
03-30-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would just like to say that the fact that peach in Super Mario 2 (for the NES) could fly, while no other characters could, was perhaps the biggest stride taken in the feminist movement in the 1980s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I love it. (PS: I never used to think so, but I think its the best of the 3 now)

peachy
03-30-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop is good.

Raising the turn seems like spew to me. The guy either has a K or a 9. A check-raise turn bluff is pretty unlikely at small stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

im never limpin with that...im folding or raising...its one of the few times i choose to raise

ckessel
03-30-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A check-raise turn bluff is pretty unlikely at small stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

True (though they happen). But there wasnt one here. He simply bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, right, over looked that. I still don't think I raise this or even call. You've missed the flop and the turn. Your only likely outs are 3 for the ace and even then you might be drawing dead.

Luv2DriveTT
03-30-2005, 01:24 AM
1) Muck this hand pre-flop 95% of the time in the limits you generally play against a full table. Short handed is different of course. Time to tighten-up Peach!

2) I am assuming this is a 5/10 hand right? I think thats what you usually play.... if so I love the raise, nice play. Without a raise pre-flop and a flop bet I don't like it however. If your opponent calls your raise then check-fold the river (if it's an A check-call)

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

peachy
03-30-2005, 01:36 AM
hahaha TT u know how i play!!! i rarely do this...for god sake mah vpip is like 15!!!!

nolanfan34
03-30-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hehehe im tha PEACH!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this post alone sheds light on your true identity.

Luv2DriveTT
03-30-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha TT u know how i play!!! i rarely do this...for god sake mah vpip is like 15!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

U are impressing me girl! Starting to use 2+2 for it's greatest asset, starting to use Poker Tracker... good to see that!

peachy
03-30-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

U are impressing me girl! Starting to use 2+2 for it's greatest asset, starting to use Poker Tracker... good to see that!

[/ QUOTE ]

not really....matt made me get PT...and i have never read info nor posted hands til the past few days...im a tard like that so HA!

HajiShirazu
03-30-2005, 04:07 AM
Would you play AK this way? I usually would call the turn and raise the river with it.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with how you played here, I think there's a decent chance he might fold some pair of fours or something, so nice hand.

ErrantNight
03-30-2005, 04:28 AM
the preflop raise is fine.

i imagine your VP$IP is below 20, no? is your PFR% below 10?

peachy
03-30-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im around 15/12 or 10 id have to look...i forget and i just looked at it last nite lol

but the vpip is a tiny bit skewed b/c ive been playin tighter these last few months...so in reality before it was about 17/12ish

ErrantNight
03-30-2005, 04:39 AM
i was actually asking gaming mouse since he was advocating a muck :-)

figured since you played it that way, you must at least do so with some regularity... otherwise you'd be asking about it...

peachy
03-30-2005, 05:25 AM
hahah i did do decent...until the start of feb....dun dun dun!

gaming_mouse
03-30-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP = 17
PFR = 10

you think this is bad?

ErrantNight
03-30-2005, 03:22 PM
certainly not bad.

gaming_mouse
03-30-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
certainly not bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what were your thoughts?

ErrantNight
03-30-2005, 04:41 PM
that your VP$IP and PFR% weren't higher than they are :-)

basically... I think this raise is just fine... but marginal raises like this are prolly why my PFR% is higher... I don't think this is BETTER per se... it's just an observation...

gaming_mouse
03-30-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that your VP$IP and PFR% weren't higher than they are :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i don't like raising AT up front at a typical party 3/6 game -- it's close tho, I guess. I would raise this in a weaker game. Eg, when I play live 6/12, I might raise this.

gm