PDA

View Full Version : Ok to cold call here?

Downrock
03-29-2005, 09:52 PM
I find at these micro limits calling a capped flop with a small pair seems to more than pay off when it hits for trips on the flop since the players at this level are inclined to keep raising no matter what they believe you may hold. Am I right in this thinking? Was it ok to call these re raises in this situation? Thanks guys.
Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $0.10. CO posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (20.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">folded"Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (36.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 36.50 BB

For some reason the river didnt convert properly, but there was more action capped on the river, with final pot of 49.5 BB.

KaiShin
03-29-2005, 09:54 PM
This isn't a cold call. You already limped in.

Yes its OK.

Edit: Oh I didn't read your comment at the end /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Its all fine.

Downrock
03-29-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a cold call. You already limped in.

Yes its OK.

Edit: Oh I didn't read your comment at the end /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Its all fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah sorry I realized my mistake as soon as i made the post. Thanks for the advice, just doubting myself a lot lately.

JMBills
03-29-2005, 09:58 PM
My understanding is, if you think you can get people to pay off your set if you hit it, it's worth playing even for several bets preflop. How were the players in this game playing in other hands preflop, and how was the action postflop? SSHE says sets prefer Loose Aggressive games and it seems like your table was either LAG or everybody had great hands throughout all of these streets.

It looks like your 6's paid off for you this time. Basically I'd just be cautious of paying large numbers of bets to see the flop with a small pocket pair if your opponents are passive or tight postflop.

Downrock
03-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Total LAGfest. Seemed that some people would reraise on the basis of being angry that someone raised ahead of them. Basically everyone was in with anything for any number of bets almost every hand. Thanks guys.

wabe
03-29-2005, 11:15 PM
On a LAGgy table, I think I coldcall PF if I'm already in for one, and the other folks in are all LAGs. Your implied odds are through the roof.

I'm no Entity, though, so I dump the hand on the flop without a set or a great draw.

ArturiusX
03-30-2005, 12:21 AM
Cap it all the way, especially since you picked up that boat.