PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 Hand: How many mistakes?

Jeffage
10-17-2002, 02:27 AM
Playing 10-20 online...good game. I have Jc9c on the button. 3 limpers, I limp. BB calls. 5 players. Flop comes up good with 10-Q-4, two clubs. I have a super draw, open end straight and 4 flush. Check to the cutoff who bets, I raise. Anyone call and keep customers with many outs? Game was loose enough I thought they might come anyway. Turn is an Ad. Cutoff checks, I bet, cutoff raises. Anyone check and take a free card bc u are obviously behind and it seems like cutoff has a big pair...I think this may have been a mistake. River is an 8 to give me straight. Cutoff bets, I raise. Cutoff reraises. Ok, that sucks. Did I make many mistakes here. How many would play differently?

Jeff

Dynasty
10-17-2002, 02:36 AM
I might raise pre-flop but limping is certainly not a mistake.

I would always raise the flop. I think just calling is a substantial mistake.

I might check behind on the turn but bettting is not a mistake.

I would always raise the river.

So, how many mistakes? Zero, but a few close decisions.

Jeffage
10-17-2002, 02:46 AM
Would you please tell me the factors that you would consider when deciding whether to check or bet the turn in this case. Do you completely randomize this or what? I feel like I am checkraised often when I bet the turn in these spots.

Jeff

J_V
10-17-2002, 03:07 AM
Dynasty, you keep suggesting people raise their draws regardless of there position to the better and there likelihood to drive out action.

There is a reason people like to make it two bets to the field with vulnerable hands - because it urges people to fold.

I would have just called in Jeffage spot. And while I understand your reasons for wanting to raise, I disagree with them for two reasons, people all much less likely to call two bets, and you are unlikely to win this hand without reaching a showdown with the best hand.

J_V
10-17-2002, 03:12 AM
There are two reasons to bet the turn. You would get three callers or more (assuming all your outs are clean) or you could win the pot without a showdown. You have to judge those factors on your own. Thats what separates the good players from the average players.

10-17-2002, 10:39 AM
This is advise comming from the same person above who folded trips to a simple raise. J V you need to listen rather than talk.

deadbart
10-17-2002, 01:15 PM
If you're going to make comments like this, pick a name besides "Anonymous".

Inthacup
10-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Without a raise preflop, it's hard to imagine him having a set of Aces, queens or 10s. Did possibility of cutoff having J K come into consideration when he just called the flop? It would seem reasonable that he would 3 bet with a big hand like AQ, Q10 or something similar to charge the draws on this hand. When he just called, that narrows your options. When he checkraises when an A comes, that narrows your options more. I'd put him on KJ or Ax clubs. The bad thing about this is you really won't be able to play the river in confidence if your hand hits. I'd raise the river too, but I'd also be prepared for the broadway strait as well. Well played but I don't like your chances of winning the showdown. I'd really like to know what hand you put him on after the flop, and especially the turn.