PDA

View Full Version : Two bets to me on the river, but I have a pretty strong hand

cab4656
03-29-2005, 09:26 PM
This river was one of the toughest decisions I've had in a while.

I don't have any real significant reads, but UTG has seen way more flops than he should be in the 25 hands I've had with him.

If I screwed up the hand anywhere else, let me know.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, action on Hero.

STLantny
03-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Fold. Paired board, 3 flush, and all that action, calling 2 cold on the river isnt what Id like to do there, even with trips. Thats a bitch of a hand though.

maxpowers21
03-29-2005, 09:46 PM
yuck.

One might consider calling the flop 3-bet and raising the turn, not sure which is better, because you can't isolate UTG cause MP is 2nd to act after UTG. You would be puttign more money into the pot this way, but if a heart falls or you get 3-bet ont he turn that sucks.

This said i like the way you played the pf flop and turn.

If you cap the flop and he still leads out the turn then you can slow down, and make for a cheaper showdown, just as you did in this hand.

MP is screaming flush draw by the way he played it.
It is also possible he has trip jacks but far less likley; he hasn't raised once yet till the river.

You are getting 6.75:1 here agaisnt 2 players who have shown much strength. I think i would lean towards folding this, but i think its a close decision. Tough decision.

cjx
03-29-2005, 10:11 PM
I think I can find a fold here. Utg may well have a weaker jack than you, but MP must have hit his flush. I'd put you in 2nd at best.

cjx

DrGutshot
03-29-2005, 11:05 PM
haven't played 5/10 in a long time, and maybe i'm used to 10/20 aggression, but call.

-DrG