PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on pocket K8s

zigmaster
03-29-2005, 09:15 PM
This hand has been giving me a wee bit of trouble in recent games and was just looking to get some other people's thoughts on it to try and clarify my own position.

Basically I'm wondering how other people would in general play this hand in your typical $1/$2 limit online line game. That is with 10 people, most of whom are playing very loosely and calling lots of bets. For me, I don't usually consider playing this hand untill a late position, and I'm getting at least 4-1 for my money and usually I fold if there has been a couple of raisers. My thinking is basically that there is usually at least 3 or more people involved so I'm at least going to have to make kings for it to be a profitable play. What I particularly want to know is if people regard this as too tight and if so what hand do they usually go down to if there has been 3 or more limpers, in a loose game.

I know this is a very generalized situation and there are many, many more considerations to be taken into account but I basically want to know if people usually player K8s or lower in late position with 3 or more limpers or perhaps if a loose player raises with 3 callers or do people even play this hand in middle postion.

Any thoughts whatsoever will help me to clarify my mind.

NAU_Player
03-29-2005, 09:22 PM
You have a K with a marginal kicker and a 2 nut flush possibility.

Easy PF fold OOP, call from LP with a lot of limpers IMO