PDA

View Full Version : Odd situation with JJ (for me)

wuarhg
03-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Table Conditions: (wow, I actually have some reads here, give me credit /images/graemlins/cool.gif)

I have been folding an awful lot and not catching alot of cards lately. Check-folding stuff from the BB and probably seeming like a guy that generally has a good hand when he raises. SB in this hand is 24/22, 1.3/1.2/0.2. I saw him cap a flop with TP with QTo, so he isn't timid in the wrong places atleast.

Now he seems like a thinking player and probably knows that I am tight (if he pays attention). And considering UTG here, who is a loosey 60/15. He doesn't get that out of hand really, he just calls too much. Bets postflop with hands and calls with weaker ones.

My thinking on the flop was that I really couldn't do anything with my hand yet, so I thought i'd see the turn here and see what SB does. If he does pay attention (which I think he does) he probably knows that UTG is a loosey. And if he does bet I think I am pretty much beat.

Any thoughts on this turn play? I am often befuddled when facing these kind of situations. Any standard plays you guys have here?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds.

Surfbullet
03-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Nice to have some reads! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll cap here preflop, as you noted the raiser is very aggressive and raises lots of his hands... plus with the loose/passive dragged along it's worth the cap for equity.

The A on the flop is not good, but SBs range of hands is still pretty wide - with 24/22 preflop #s and given that you have seen him be aggressive with less than premium hands he could be doing this with most PPs, big aces, big kings, maybe something like QJs.

I'll raise the flop here - I can fold the turn unimproved if he 3-bets since he's aggressive but not maniacal, and it keeps hands like KQ from betting their way into a K or Q on the river. Follow up with a bet on turn given a non K or Q, and fold to a raise there as well.

Another possibility is to call the flop intending to call down on a safe turn/river (assuming nothing threating is forthcoming from the loose player)because he could be calling along with anything, and the aggressive player will likely follow up his pf 3-bet regardless of his holding.

Surf

wuarhg
03-30-2005, 07:33 AM
bump, great reply.

Does everyone agree with Surfbullet here?

ravballz
03-30-2005, 07:48 AM
Yes, I believe a flop raise is in order. However I'd probably fold to a 3-bet because I don't fancy drawing to a 2 outer, even for 1 SB. I'd also fold if he leads the turn.

AAaaaand I might check behind on the river if he calls the flop raise and just check calls the turn.

ArturiusX
03-30-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I believe a flop raise is in order. However I'd probably fold to a 3-bet because I don't fancy drawing to a 2 outer, even for 1 SB. I'd also fold if he leads the turn.

AAaaaand I might check behind on the river if he calls the flop raise and just check calls the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also have a bdfd