PDA

View Full Version : Empire TV offer is a fraud

Petomane
03-29-2005, 08:56 PM
I reached 25,000 at the beginning of January, thus making me eligible for a free TV. On 1/26 I got an e-mail saying I'm getting a free TV & to confirm my address, which I did. I got 3 more e-mails asking to confirm my address, which I did.

Already this is bullshit. When I got to the Royal Flush level they called me at home. If they really want to give me my TV all they have to do is pick up the phone (if indeed they're not getting my e-mails). All of a sudden Empire is pretending they don't know where I am, although I've been at the same address for 7 years. EMPIRE, PARTY, NETELLER ALL KNOW WHERE I AM.

Now it's practically April & still no TV & no response to my e-mails. I've stopped playing at Empire now & moved to Party, but will maintain a Royal Flush level, so I can collect the $100 reload bonus every month.

Just thought I'd share my experiences.

MicroBob
03-29-2005, 09:03 PM
David Ross and others have reported receiving the TV.
So while Empire may be incompetent in certain situations (such as yours) the offer is hardly a fraud.

I would stay on them about it.

Something about your story doesn't quite make sense to me.

Nick B.
03-29-2005, 09:10 PM
I had the same thing happen. I later learned that neither party nor empire were actually receiving my emails, but they wouldn't bounce, so I didn't know. When I changed email address I sent the thing, and they gave me the tv.

riverhunter
03-29-2005, 09:15 PM
A newbie question:
where can you check how many points you have accumulated at Empire if you are not a VIP yet?

sourbeaver
03-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Check your VIP account page, accessible through Empire's lobby.

liquidboss
03-29-2005, 09:51 PM
You really jumped the gun by announcing that there is fraud going on here without taking the responsibility to call them yourself. They want to give you a free TV and you can't take 5 mins to pick up the phone? I know it's somtimes hard to communicate with their CSRs but come on. There is definitly something wrong here.

Petomane
03-29-2005, 09:59 PM
They DON'T have a phone number!!!

liquidboss
03-29-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They DON'T have a phone number!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that, I forgot they quit advertising their number so that may pose a problem. In any case, it is a valid offer and you should stay on them about it. I would bet your emails are being bounced for some reason. Try another address.

Petomane
03-29-2005, 10:11 PM
what part of my story doesn't make sense? Please be specific. Everything is exactly as I recounted. This is what 2+2 is for, to tell people of possible problems.

I understand there might be problems with e-mail, but I have no intention of getting a new e-mail address. I get ALL my hand histories. If they could call me once (from Cyprus), they can do it again.

liquidboss
03-29-2005, 10:24 PM
It doesn't make sense that you would send multiple emails to them regarding a valid promotion and they would never respond. The only thing that would make sense is they aren't getting them.

RamGad
03-29-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry about that, I forgot they quit advertising their number

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this implying that they do have a phone number? I've too had a dozen or so email inquiries that have never been answered at Empire. I would love a number if they have a secret one /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Drunk Bob
03-29-2005, 10:40 PM
What I want to know is how the hell you get 25000 points with this crazy square root system? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Reef
03-29-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I want to know is how the hell you get 25000 points with this crazy square root system? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

many 24 hr tourny binges

Shoe
03-30-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is what 2+2 is for, to tell people of possible problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, 2+2 is not here so that you can make false fraud claims.