PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Show and YOU

thatpfunk
03-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Interested to see how this goes...

lastchance
03-29-2005, 09:03 PM
If you don't take it seriously, the Daily Show is some of the best stuff on TV. Stephen Colbert rocks!

Dead
03-29-2005, 09:11 PM
Liberal and love.

lehighguy
03-29-2005, 09:44 PM
The daily show is by far the highest quality news program on TV today. It is also unbelievably entertaining.

P.S. Buy his book it rocks.

BCPVP
03-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Somewhere between like and dislike. While I don't like Stewarts blatant liberal streak, Lewis Black is the MAN!

[censored]
03-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Conservative and I like it but I don't love it. Once in awhile the Republican bashing gets annoying. The special reports are just gold while the interviews are usually quite lame.

Voltron87
03-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Stewart is left of center, but IMO if the President was a Democrat they would rip on him just as hard. They ripped on Kerry and Dean pretty hard. The fact is there is just more coverage on Bush (he is the president) to make fun of. George W is also pretty easy to mock.

Most of the interviews are pretty weak, I think that's because the people usually don't mesh well with Stewart, and vice versa. 1 in 4 is absolutely hilarious. Hit or miss.

lehighguy
03-29-2005, 11:21 PM
McCain is one of the best people he has for regular interviews.

He used to be a lot more centrist before the election. The one thing I missed is he covered lots of non-political stuff more often a few years ago. I don't really care about his beliefs as long as he stays as committed to the truth as he has been.

[censored]
03-30-2005, 12:07 AM
My problem isn't so much with his coverage of The President but more with how he rightly takes every oppotunity to pick out every Republican hypocrisy but I don't see him do the same with the Democrates who are the same. Instead Democrates are just portayed as being "not as good at polictics" as Republicans while conservatives are always either stupid or dishonest.

All of that being said The Dailey Show is still a very good show worth watching.

natedogg
03-30-2005, 03:03 AM
He's very funny when he's not being a sanctimonious dick on someone else's talk show...

natedogg

thatpfunk
03-30-2005, 03:06 AM
Hahaha. That clip is great.

BadBoyBenny
03-30-2005, 09:09 AM
I don't really care about the Republican bashing but there is no way that you can say they are equal. Stewart's jokes about Bush and Republicans are politically charged while his jokes about Kerry or Clinton and then Dems were mostly just silliness.

lehighguy
03-30-2005, 10:22 AM
1) That clip is hilarious.

2) He is completely right, which is what matters. And that direct confrontation is the only way people will listen.

Utah
03-30-2005, 03:11 PM
The problem is that Stewart has forgotten he is a comedian and that his show is not a real news show. He comes off bitter and hateful much of the time and it distracts from an otherwise hialrious show.

trippin bily
03-30-2005, 04:23 PM
I am one of the 4 conservatives who love the daily show.
i watch it evry day love it. Some of the funnist stuff on tv.Though the show does make fun of Bush it makes fun of everyone and evrything. the most enjoyable for me is the way they mock the media.LOVE IT !!!!

lehighguy
03-30-2005, 09:29 PM
I like the half serious half comedian thing. The fact of the matter is he presents information in an intelligent matter.

He should be taken somewhat seriously, his show is certainly better then CNN, CBS, FOX and all the other news shows. And he's not even trying to report the news.

Matty
03-30-2005, 11:45 PM
I need a Daily Show ringtone ...

thatpfunk
03-31-2005, 08:34 AM
Where are the hardcore conservative guys? I definetly wanna hear Jaxmike, Broken Plastic Bottle, Felix, Zaxx, etc.

MelchyBeau
03-31-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My problem isn't so much with his coverage of The President but more with how he rightly takes every oppotunity to pick out every Republican hypocrisy but I don't see him do the same with the Democrates who are the same. Instead Democrates are just portayed as being "not as good at polictics" as Republicans while conservatives are always either stupid or dishonest.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is honest about his bias though. You don't go watch the show expecting to see Bush seen in a good light.

He does have republican guests on the show, including campaign managers for Bush during the last election.

Just realize it is fake news. Bush is the person in the spotlight. Obviously the biggest name in politics will be the president.

Maybe you could look at him as a funny pundit that isn't a complete mouthpiece for a certain party. At least he admits his biased, compared to every other news source out there.

Melch

jaxmike
03-31-2005, 12:51 PM
I like the Daily Show, I don't really like Jon Stewart, never really did though. He's always kind of annoyed me. I got a kick out of hearing about him crying on election night though. I miss Kilborn(sp) hosting the show, he was better.

Gamblor
03-31-2005, 12:55 PM
economic conservative, social liberal.

i liky.

Dead
03-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Why don't you just say libertarian? Maybe because you're not with regard to Israel?

And I don't think that a socially liberal person would have made the comments about gays that you did.

ILL34GL3
03-31-2005, 01:24 PM
It's a great little TV program considering it never breaks the surface of any story.

Gamblor
03-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Why don't you just say libertarian? Maybe because you're not with regard to Israel?

I don't know enough about libertarianism to identify myself as such.

As far as Israel goes, I know the truth. I don't care to judge the policy, but I do care to explain to ignorant folks such as yourself 1) what the policy actually consists of 2) why the policy-makers have adopted them, and 3) the truth behind various incidents and how they were handled in Israel.

And I don't think that a socially liberal person would have made the comments about gays that you did.

If you could separate the theory (which was serious) from the comments at the bottom (which were fairly facetious) you would understand my position.

Dead
03-31-2005, 02:26 PM
I know as much about Israel as I possibly can without having lived there. We learned about Israel all the time in Hebrew school.

And I stand by my comment that you aren't socially liberal. You used a multitude of gay slurs which were entirely inappropriate.

Gamblor
03-31-2005, 04:24 PM
You used a multitude of gay slurs which were entirely inappropriate

facetious: cleverly amusing in tone; "a bantering tone"; "facetious remarks"; "tongue-in-cheek advice" [syn: bantering, tongue-in-cheek]

Dead
03-31-2005, 08:12 PM
No.

You just like to feel superior to gay people. Except that straight chicks don't like you.

thatpfunk
04-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Ah, so now you take back all those things as "jokes" that you so adamantly defended before?

Gamblor
04-01-2005, 07:20 PM
no, i adamantly defend my theory (in whatever incarnation it happens to be).

the last lines, the slurs, were only slurs, facetious, and not to be taken seriously by all except those with the largest pickles (or whatever other phallic symbol) up their asses.

thatpfunk
04-01-2005, 11:20 PM
ok, then your "theory" is one a liberal would not entertain. liberals are not disgusted with homosexuality.

Gamblor
04-02-2005, 07:20 AM
liberals are not disgusted with homosexuality.

im not either. its not being gay that i dont like, it's the effeminity. it triggers some aggressive instinct in me