PDA

View Full Version : Does this always work?

private joker
03-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Full table that has broken up and degenerated into 5-handed. Most 2/4 full players suck balls at HUSH. And read on this Villain is that he's LAG but can buckle when played back at.

How often do people get away with this kind of play? I knew he didn't have an ace and I hoped I could represent one (also knowing I had 4 outs if I was called).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

If I became a maniac LAG on this hand, I promise not to do it again.

MAxx
03-29-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Re: Does this always work?

[/ QUOTE ]

We both Know the answer to that is nope.

Does it work against some player types more than others....yes.

Does the type that really likes to pull this play, tend to pull it too often... i'd say yes generally.

So I'd say it works sometimes, but you should pick your spots. I think that the good players have a better sense of when, how often, and against whom to make this type play.

I do it rarely. You do see this type of stuff being done a lot in blind wars. You also tend to see blinds call down with any peice of the board headsup during blind wars as well.

Not that I don't semibluff, because i do, I just wouldnt be ordinarly doing it with your particular hand/ situation.

zephed56
03-30-2005, 08:32 AM
I thought it was impossible, and then you go and do the impossible. You're my hero.

private joker
03-30-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was impossible, and then you go and do the impossible. You're my hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have low hero standards.

So are there flops where this is a more advantageous line? Does the second ace help or hurt me in my representation of a big hand? Do Villains usually believe this crap? How often will a low pair call me down? Is it possible I had the best hand anyway?

My HUSH play sucks and I need to learn these things.