PDA

View Full Version : Laura Bush--Hypocrite

tek
03-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Hypocrite speaks about Sciavo (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050329/ap_on_go_pr_wh/laura_bush_schiavo)

She says the government has a right to be involved in the Terry Sciavo matter. But later on the article she says she and the White House occupant have Living Wills.

"I think that is really good," she said. "The president and I have living wills and, of course, our parents do. They wanted us always to be aware of it. I think that it is important for families to have opportunities to talk about these issues."

She doesn't want some government official deciding her fate, but it's ok for them to get involved witht he Sciavos...

vulturesrow
03-29-2005, 08:25 PM
n/m

benfranklin
03-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Anyone who hasn't been in a coma for the last 15 years would know that the whole issue here is that Terri Sciavo doesn't have a living will, which is what makes it necessary for the government to get involved.

Felix_Nietsche
03-29-2005, 10:16 PM
I wonder....

Felix_Nietsche
03-30-2005, 02:06 AM
Know*

jaxmike
03-30-2005, 11:33 AM
roflmao.

dr_venkman
03-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Very Hypocritical. Take a look:

The media coverage of the Schiavo case doesn't include one important detail: a Texas law that authorizes health care providers to remove their patients from life support. Guess who signed it into law?

On Thursday, Hudson died after a Texas hospital removed his feeding tube, despite his mother's pleas. He had a fatal congenital disease, but would have been kept alive had his mother been able to pay for his medical costs, or had she found another institution willing to take him. In a related Texas case, Spiro Nikolouzos, who is unable to speak and must be fed through a tube because of a shunt in his brain – but who his wife says can recognize family members and show emotion – may soon be removed from life support because health care providers believe his case is futile.

The Hudson and Nikolous cases fall under the Texas Futile Care Law, which was signed into law by then-governor George W. Bush.

No life support for you, says Bush (http://www.alternet.org/mediaculture/21571/)

vulturesrow
03-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Oh my mistake, I didnt realize that "that then Governor George W Bush" actually meant Laura Bush. Youre completely right, that b<font color="black">i</font>tch is a complete hypocrite.

dr_venkman
03-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Why didn't she convince her husband not to sign this very destructive bill?

Probably had better things to do, like reading, smoking and admiring.

nicky g
03-30-2005, 12:50 PM
Whether Laura Bush has been hypocritical on this is a bit of a distractive sideshow to the massive hypocrisy shown by the President himself. We should err on the side of life, unless you're poor? Nice.

vulturesrow
03-30-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't she convince her husband not to sign this very destructive bill?

Probably had better things to do, like reading, smoking and admiring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry, didnt realize you were privy to the private conversations of the President and his wife.

BTW, what nicky said. Why anyone is concerned about what Laura Bush said is somewhat pathetic.

dr_venkman
03-30-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, what nicky said. Why anyone is concerned about what Laura Bush said is somewhat pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh trust me, I agree 100%

And it he hadn't landed ass-first into the Presidency, you could extend that feeling to George as well. He would be better suited pumping gas, not fighting wars over it.

BCPVP
03-30-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On Thursday, Hudson died after a Texas hospital removed his feeding tube, despite his mother's pleas. He had a fatal congenital disease, but would have been kept alive had his mother been able to pay for his medical costs, or had she found another institution willing to take him.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope we can see the difference between this case and the Schiavo case...
If not I've given a hint.

Voltron87
03-30-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm not a Bush fan but it is not hypocritcal of her to write a living will and try to intervene in a situation where no living will exists.

If Terri had a living will and she (laura bush-edit) wanted the gov. to intervene it would be hypocritical. But that's not what happened.

Felix_Nietsche
03-30-2005, 03:24 PM
"The media coverage of the Schiavo case doesn't include one important detail: a Texas law that authorizes health care providers to remove their patients from life support. Guess who signed it into law?"
Mmmmmmmmm......who signed it into law? Mmmmmmmmmmm...
Oh-My-God!!!.... LAURA BUSH !!!!! Not only is she hypocrite but she is ILLEGALLY SIGNING TEXAS LAWS and she isn't even an elected official..... I've changed my mind. Wow, you are right!

Felix_Nietsche
03-30-2005, 03:29 PM
There are plenty of topics where Bush43 can be criticized for but attacking Laura Bush as being a hypocrite shows the desperation of the rabid Bush43 haters....

dr_venkman
03-30-2005, 03:37 PM
"I just feel like the federal government has to be involved," Mrs. Bush said. "It is a life issue that really does require government to be involved."

That's her attitude, that's Bush's attitude, that the attitude of this administration.

How can you be so dense?

And as for the other person who was pointing out that Hudson had a fatal disease, well I've got news for you (besides this: but would have been kept alive had his mother been able to pay for his medical costs,) Nobody gets out of here alive. We're all suffering from a disease that has a 100% mortality rate; life.

The point is, these nits will get involved to save Terry Schiavo, but Hudson is SOL. They're both going to die one day. Even I'm not so callous as to measure the quality of someone's life by the amount of time they have left.

In one case you have a woman proven to be a vegetable. In another you have an infant with a chance who has not been given the same negative prognosis.

And you have the Bush Administration intervening in one case but not another. And that's hypocritical. You can just lump Laura in with them by default.

Glad I could think for you, but you should give it a try yourself one day.

Voltron87
03-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Why did you reply to my post? We hold the same point of view.

Felix_Nietsche
03-30-2005, 04:11 PM
"You can just lump Laura in with them by default."
My position is: the Republican Federal Leadership was/is wrong to intervene in a clear state's right case. If you accuse Bush43 of being a hypocrite on state's rights.......then I would agree with you.

Now.....You spend 90% of your post criticizing Bush43.
Maybe I'm "dense" but I thought I title of this ****ing topic was "Laura Bush--Hypocrite". Perhaps an intellectually superior being like yourself can LEARN TO DISCUSS THE TOPIC!!

NOW...show me where LAURA Bush made inconsistent statements on state's rights and THEN I'll agree with you...JUST ON THIS SUBJECT. Not that I really care BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT HOLD ELECTED OFFICE...

Glad I could think for you.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dr_venkman
03-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Felix, I could lead you there but you'd never drink.

Have a good one.
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Felix_Nietsche
03-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Because I thought it was an intelligent post. Yes REALLY!
Take the compliment. This may be the last time we ever agree. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS
I re-read my original response and I can see how you may have misinterpreted it. I'll try to be clearer next time.

Felix_Nietsche
03-30-2005, 04:35 PM
"I could lead you there but you'd never drink."
Translation:
Yes, I concede I can not back up my claims on Laura Bush being inconsistent on the Sciavo case and on state's rights. So instead of keeping my mouth shut ...OR... ACTUALLY BACKING UP MY CLAIMS I will make a snide parting remark implying that I'm smarter than you without ACTUALLY BACKING UP this claim as well... The advantage of doing so is I can salvage my ego without having to do any work to support my opinions. Because I'm SO SMART....my opinions can stand alone without any supporting evidence.

Have a nice day. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dr_venkman
03-30-2005, 04:37 PM
No, it means I basically laid out the points in the post you ignored, and posting second one would not only be futile but it would also annoy the pig.

Get it yet? Because I can't stand to bump this thread again.

Felix_Nietsche
03-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh......I get it.
Talking about Bush43 his how you prove his wife is a hypocrite. Wow! You ARE SMART!

To prove someone is a hypocrite on an issue you have to cite TWO examples where they're being inconsistent.
You cited a quote where Laura wanted the govt to intervene on the Schiavo case.

OK...Good. That is your first example.
Now where is your 2nd example where LAURA (not George) has taken a position that contradicts the first example? Mmmmmmm???

And Jeez....don't cite a George Bush43 example to prove his wife is a "hypocrite".
In case you forget, the topic title is "Laura Bush--Hypocrite".....NOT "If your husband is inconsistent then the WIFE MUST BE A HYPOCRITE".... Although I think it is pretty lame to attack someone's wife because you don't like her husband's policies....

dr_venkman
03-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Well I gave you a clear example of how she DIDN'T intervene in a right-to-life case when a feeding tube was involved in the life or death situation of an infant. I'm sorry I don't have the patience to hold your hand and walk you through basic reasoning.

Does she believe in the right to life or doesn't she? She was remarkably silent while Bush was Governor of Texas and sent over 400 men to their deaths while in prison, many of them with IQ's in mentally retarded range. But that's a whole different story.

She's an opportunist, using a high profile case to make the entire Administration look saintly. And while I also find it lame to attack the wife over the husband's polices, the fact is I don't believe his and her polices are exlusive. More to the point, I think she's just a parrot of him.

And dude, the sarcasm thing really isn't your strong suit.

Felix_Nietsche
03-30-2005, 06:05 PM
"Well I gave you a clear example of how she DIDN'T intervene in a right-to-life case when a feeding tube was involved in the life or death situation of an infant."
Jeez-zus. Here is a quote from the article you cited: "The Hudson and Nikolous cases fall under the Texas Futile Care Law, which was signed into law by then-governor George W. Bush." Again the title of the topic is LAURA BUSH-HYPOCRITE.
How does ***SHE*** become responsible for the actions or inactions of her husband?

"I'm sorry I don't have the patience to hold your hand and walk you through basic reasoning."
Of course you can't.
To teach something you must possess that knowledge yourself. Your attempts to attack Laura Bush for her husbands actions or inactions are pathetic....and blaming the wife for her husbands actions/inactions is not what I call "basic reasoning"....

"She was remarkably silent while Bush was Governor of Texas and sent over 400 men to their deaths while in prison,"
She was not elected governor, her husband was....
Her husband was elected to implement policy...not her. Governor's wives do not usually interject themselves into issues more complex than promoting literacy...

"She's an opportunist, using a high profile case to make the entire Administration look saintly."
Nice of you to say.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

"And while I also find it lame to attack the wife over the husband's polices,"
So you find it lame to attack a wife for her husband's policies and yet...you attack her for being an "opportunist"... Mmmmmmm.... Truthfully, did you think before you wrote this?

dr_venkman
03-30-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How does ***SHE*** become responsible for the actions or inactions of her husband?

[/ QUOTE ]

"The only way evil can triumph is that good men stand by and do nothing". ~Edmund Burke

But this is wisdom from my demented world, I'm sure it wouldn't translate well into the "reality" of normal, every day life.

So I can see why you're confused as to why the inaction of Laura Bush when it comes to one person's life (Hudson), as opposed to the action concerning another (Schiavo) might be considered hypocritical.

It's a translation problem; I don't speak Crazy.

I apologize.

The once and future king
03-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Actualy I think you will find it is the most used word in the conservative vernacular, you.....er....you self contradictorator.

jokerswild
03-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Other than the fact that you are a hypocritical Christo-Fascist pig, what else disturbs you the most about liberals? It's because you haven't been able to murder them in the name of Jesus and have people believe you like they do when you murder Muslims for Bush oil profits.

jokerswild
03-30-2005, 08:11 PM
She killed a person in an auto accident that was her fault, and was never prosecuted. All the Bush's get away with murder.

Morons like you never held that attacking Hillary was off limits.

None of your posts show any intelligence. You are lower than an amoebe on the evolutionary scale. We will still petition Congress and the courts to keep your feeding tube in. We believe in your right to life.

Felix_Nietsche
03-30-2005, 08:39 PM
"She killed a person in an auto accident that was her fault, and was never prosecuted."
True.

"All the Bush's get away with murder."
She did not even meet George Bush till over a decade later.
But....don't let this fact interfere with this silly response.

"Morons like you never held that attacking Hillary was off limits."
Anyone who enters politics to implement policy must be prepared to defend their actions. Hillary violated all historical precedents of first ladies when she got involved with trying to nationalize the medical field. This was an attempt by the government to take over 10% of the nations GDP. I'm glad my representatives opposed her plan. Her handling of the Travelgate affair was sickening. And the $100,000 bribe she took via cattle futures investments (did I say bribe? I meant investment!) was right to be criticized. A amateur taking a $1000 investment in cattle futures and turning it into $100,000 it like someone taking 22 vs AA and cracking AA four times in a row. It may be possible but it is not likely...

"You are lower than an amoebe on the evolutionary scale."
Whew! I was afraid you were going to say bacteria. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

elwoodblues
03-30-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All the Bush's get away with murder

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a person die as a result of a car accident is rarely murder.

BCPVP
03-30-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She killed a person in an auto accident that was her fault, and was never prosecuted. All the Bush's get away with murder.

[/ QUOTE ]
She wasn't a Bush then so it is doubtful that she could have recieved any preferential treatment that could have come with being a Bush.
Check here for more info (http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp)

[ QUOTE ]
None of your posts show any intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]
And these past two have....? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
We will still petition Congress and the courts to keep your feeding tube in. We believe in your right to life.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

MelchyBeau
03-30-2005, 11:34 PM
so I'm fairly anti bush, but I'm not sure wether this is hypocrital or not.

they really only give you 2 quotes to base this on, in my opinion it is not enough.

Is she saying this because she believes all life should be preserved, or because the ambiguity in the case?

Does her living will say she should be taken off life support in such a situation, or kept on it for as long as possible?

I'm one who always desires data, It might be because of my scientific background or something else. I know I am fairly ignorant of neurobiology, so I can't really make an informed decision on this.

However, Bush's stance on this case and the futile care law do seem to be contradictory in terms of goals.

Melch

Felix_Nietsche
03-30-2005, 11:43 PM
The anti-Bush crowd on this forum now has intelligent posters.
And you even state that you want people back up their posts with data (evidence). Welcome /images/graemlins/smile.gif

vulturesrow
03-31-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actualy I think you will find it is the most used word in the conservative vernacular, you.....er....you self contradictorator.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. nh.

vulturesrow
03-31-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Other than the fact that you are a hypocritical Christo-Fascist pig, what else disturbs you the most about liberals?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly their over use of the word hypocrite.

[ QUOTE ]
It's because you haven't been able to murder them in the name of Jesus and have people believe you like they do when you murder Muslims for Bush oil profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, that too. Thanks for reminding me!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jokerswild
03-31-2005, 08:14 AM
I'm sure everyone wuld love to hear the details. The justification of murder by christo-fascists rationalizing their sadistc narcicissism demonstrates quite clearly the definition of hypocracy.

zaxx19
03-31-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of topics where Bush43 can be criticized for but attacking Laura Bush as being a hypocrite shows the desperation of the rabid Bush43 haters....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, its actually getting quite sad really. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

vulturesrow
03-31-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure everyone wuld love to hear the details. The justification of murder by christo-fascists rationalizing their sadistc narcicissism demonstrates quite clearly the definition of hypocracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry no details. Cant be giving away neoconservative trade secrets ya know. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tek
03-31-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She wasn't a Bush then so it is doubtful that she could have recieved any preferential treatment that could have come with being a Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of preferential treatment, what makes Terry so special that numerous courts have to continually hear the parents' appeals over the past few years?

Is it because they have an "in" with the Bush family? Is it because they have the money to pay the lawyers? I believe in Terry's (and everyone's) right to choose their fate in a life support matter. However, for those who do wish to challenge the legal guardian's decision, I believe there should be a level playing field. Most people don't have access to high level neocons who attempt userpation on their behalf.

MelchyBeau
03-31-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Speaking of preferential treatment, what makes Terry so special that numerous courts have to continually hear the parents' appeals over the past few years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple, the media. The fourth estate still affects a good bit of what goes on in politics. Politicians (both sides) probably wouldn't have even flinched with this issue, except the media picked up on it. They may not sway opinions one way or another at times, but they can cause the politicians to spend time on an issue.

The reason so many appeals happen is well, cause thats how our judician system works. You have to realize this is a big legal clusterf*ck. It is not as cut and dry as here is a living will that has been signed, and has a notary stamp on it and is in perfect legal context. There is no written document.

I suggest that you get yourself a legal will, whether you want to be put out of your misery in such an incident(like me), or be kept on life support.

Oh yea, I should have added this a while ago. When/If Laura becomes an elected/appointed official with actual control (withholding sex doesn't count) then the discussion of her being a hyprocrit does have some value to it. One of the few things I believe and agree with that GW has said, is that Laura really doesn't want to be in the spotlight.

Melch

tek
03-31-2005, 11:16 AM
You have to be simple not to know First Ladies have always had influence over their husband/president--their non-elected status notwithstanding.

And if Laura Bush wants to be kept out of the limelight, she should not give soundbites to the media...