PDA

View Full Version : HOH - Other NL tournament books

FreakDaddy
03-29-2005, 08:09 PM
I own HoH and I think it's a fairly solid book. Would someone suggest TJ's book over Sklansky's Advanced Tournament book or something else? Feedback appreciated. I know you guys hate these threads, but help a brother out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Skipbidder
03-29-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I own HoH and I think it's a fairly solid book. Would someone suggest TJ's book over Sklansky's Advanced Tournament book or something else? Feedback appreciated. I know you guys hate these threads, but help a brother out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You might ask in Books instead. I would highly recommend that all of my opponents who have read neither TJ's book nor Sklansky's and were planning on reading exactly one of them definitely choose Cloutier's. It's entirely possible that I don't have your best interests in mind.

Poker Junkie
03-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Classic!

captainzodiac
03-30-2005, 01:37 AM
tj's book is the first book i bought,and slansky's book is much better,i even like doyle's book better then tj's,but there is a few things you can take out of almost every book about poker,except varhaus killer online poker book,that's the biggest piece of garbage you can ever buy!!!!

03-30-2005, 11:10 AM
I consider TJ's book to be informative. Although it was written prior the poker explosion and are geared more toward higher buy-in/deep stack tourneys, there are some basic concepts that TJ and McEvoy discussed that are still applicable to today's games.

JohnG
03-30-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have harrington, I don't think you need either of the other 2. If you must get one, get sklanskys. Cloutiers is not very good.

Personally, I would recommend pot and no limit poker and also improve your poker, both by Ciaffone.