PDA

View Full Version : Why does Party even allow observer chat???

teddyFBI
03-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Seriously. Are there ANY advantages to it, because I can't think of any...can't for the life of me figure out why they don't just ban it, and do away with all the Spam, begging, and 3rd party trash-talking.

Reef
03-29-2005, 08:08 PM
good idea. Make one of those emails for everyone to copy and send to support.

teddyFBI
03-29-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't tell if this is sarcastic or not ;-)
maybe i will and post it here later...i'm just not quite sure how much good it'll do.

Catt
03-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Right-click chat box. Check on "Turn Off Viewer Chat."

Terry
03-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Turning off viewer chat doesn’t do much about the idiots who gather around final tables and offer advice.

Catt
03-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Doesn't it prevent observer chat from appearing in the chat box?

MicroBob
03-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Hello McFly!!

They are still advising the OTHER players at the table.

Catt
03-29-2005, 08:55 PM
What I'm not articulating well:

It was my understanding that by selecting the option I referred to, the only chat one will see is chat from other players actually sitting and playing at the table. No advice from other players watching the final table, no "earn a bazillion dollars playing party poker," and no "dude, how are you running? lotsa fish? come join me at table XXXXX."

Am I mistaken about this (and have I just been blissfully lucky not to have encountered such nonsense since I started selcting this option)?

EDIT McFly here - on rereading I see your point that though we may not be seeing (and bothered by) the observer chat, the other players still do, so there are donks offering advice like "raise it up, he bluffed three times in the last 2 orbits." I don't play tourneys so haven't encountered this - I am just happy to avoid the "earn a bazillion" comments that appear every few hours.

wbrumfiel
03-30-2005, 12:46 PM
They will just tell you that Poker is supposed to be a social game and that the chat adds this "feature" to the online experience.

soah
03-30-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They will just tell you that Poker is supposed to be a social game and that the chat adds this "feature" to the online experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, they will tell you that they agree with you and your message has been forwarded to team that has been assembled to work on this problem and that you should be able to see changes soon.

pyroponic
03-30-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

Party change their software?? hahaha

Terry
03-30-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
donks offering advice like "raise it up, he bluffed three times

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the sort of stuff I really hate. There is some good news, though.

I recently reported one of those guys at a critical stage of a tournament ... needing to lose one to combine tables and move up in the money. It was the fastest reply I ever got from Party support. Nearly instantly I got a reply that they had turned off the guys chat. Do report them.

D.H.
04-01-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, they will tell you that they agree with you and your message has been forwarded to team that has been assembled to work on this problem and that you should be able to see changes soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

This question was actually up for discussion at a seminar held by the party poker developers at the Party Poker Million. The impression I got was that they thought it was a reasonable idea to remove the observer chat.

So maybe, just maybe...

Reef
04-01-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't tell if this is sarcastic or not ;-)
maybe i will and post it here later...i'm just not quite sure how much good it'll do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was serious. The more people that send it, the more chance any action will be taken

Reef
04-01-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

Party change their software?? hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

you've gotta take those 1:9324592732987 shots once in awhile

Richter
04-01-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recently reported one of those guys at a critical stage of a tournament ... needing to lose one to combine tables and move up in the money. It was the fastest reply I ever got from Party support. Nearly instantly I got a reply that they had turned off the guys chat. Do report them.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes this works very well I have a stock drafted email ready to go and I just keep it open while I play. I usually sent party 2 or 3 a day. Mostly affiliate spam. Occasionally an obnoxious person or 3rd party commenter that wont shut up. alerts@partypoker.com, abuse@partypoker.com

Somebody just posted a link yesterday about this. It was a site with a form letter for reporting affiliate spam. Anyway send that stuff to affiliates@partypoker.com

GrannyMae
04-01-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]