PDA

View Full Version : Triangulation Alert! Hillary Clinton slams Grand Theft Auto

Broken Glass Can
03-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Hillary Clinton slams Grand Theft Auto (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58437)

New York senator and former first lady Hillary Clinton has launched an attack on violent videogames, singling out Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto titles as a "major threat" to morality.

Clinton, who is reportedly planning to seek the Democratic presidential nomination for the 2008 election, has aligned herself with hardline right-wing Republican senators in order to pressure Congress into researching the impact of electronic media on children.

"Children are playing a game that encourages them to have sex with prostitutes and then murder them," she said in a statement on the issue. "This is a silent epidemic of media desensitisation that teaches kids it's OK to diss people because they are a woman, they're a different colour or they're from a different place."

She wants a $90 million investigation to be launched into the impact of games and other electronic media on the "cognitive, social, emotional and physical development" of children, according to a Sunday Times report.

Clinton has been joined in her attack on violent games by Republican senators Sam Brownback and Rick Santorum - the latter of whom is best known for his outspoken stance on homosexuality, which he is accused of comparing to bestiality in public statements.

American political analysts have noted that Clinton has taken on some increasingly right wing stances on domestic issues in recent months, in an effort to win support from traditionally Republican voters in the next presidential race, with videogames being merely the latest political kicktoy to be adopted by the ambitious senator.

bholdr
03-29-2005, 07:20 PM
what's your point?

benfranklin
03-29-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

New York senator and former first lady Hillary Clinton has launched an attack on violent videogames, singling out Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto titles as a "major threat" to morality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Morality begins at home. Anyone with a long history of tolerating a spouse with the morals of an alley cat is in no position to judge the moral standards of others.

[ QUOTE ]
She wants a $90 million investigation to be launched into the impact of games and other electronic media on the "cognitive, social, emotional and physical development" of children, according to a Sunday Times report.

[/ QUOTE ]

Morality begins at home. (Is there an echo in here?) Any adult with an IQ above room temperature would tell you that games like Grand Theft Auto have no redeeming social value. That same adult generally lacks the interest or backbone to supervise his own child's entertainment or developmental influences.

So Hillary wants to spend $90 million to find out what we already know? Brilliant. Next she will discover that smoking might be bad for you, and want to study that.

wacki
03-29-2005, 07:42 PM
good post.

I don't understand why so many people like Hillary. Or why so many people thought that Hillary standing by her man after he cheated on her for the XXth time makes her a hero.

Superfluous Man
03-29-2005, 07:48 PM
BUT WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?!?!?!?

This is just another example of how the Democrats and the Republicans are abusing those magic 8 words and teaming up to waste our tax dollars and ream us of our rights. Makes me sick.

The once and future king
03-29-2005, 07:54 PM
These breasts are not silky milky

Dead
03-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Hillary is such a bitch. She might as well join the Republican Party. We don't want her anymore.

She can take her Lieberman moral grandstanding elsewhere.

I would NEVER vote for her in the Democratic primary, OR in the general.

I've heard that she is also moving to the right on immigration. What an unprincipled ho.

What do you expect though? Arkansas...

Yeah, and she's my senator. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I wasn't old enough to vote in 2000, but if she runs again, she's not getting my vote. I'll leave it blank.

Schumer = 100x greater than Hillary.

BCPVP
03-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Well said. $90 million needs to be spent to show that GTA3 is bad for little kids? Hell, any of us could have told her that AND saved the taxpayers $90 mil!

Dead
03-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Most of the time, it's the Republicans pulling this crap. The only two recent Democrats who have done it are Lieberman and now Clinton.

BCPVP
03-29-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of the time, it's the Republicans pulling this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't matter to me. As a conservative, I believe that parents need to take responsibility for their kids, not the gov't.

Dead
03-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Well we agree on that.

It is definitely the responsibility of the parents to monitor their children's tv and video game selections.

ThaSaltCracka
03-29-2005, 11:17 PM
so is Hilary becoming a republican?

mmbt0ne
03-30-2005, 12:14 AM
I don't know what triangulation means, but does it have to do with Hilary Clinton using the word 'diss' in an interview?

BillUCF
03-30-2005, 12:20 AM
I am sure she played the game before making her statement.

Cyrus
03-30-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Morality begins at home. Anyone with a long history of tolerating a spouse with the morals of an alley cat is in no position to judge the moral standards of others.

[/ QUOTE ]

A person of tolerance is immoral? And the more tolerant you are, the more immoral you are??

Since when your tolerance and marital fidelity (stemming from whatever reason) forbid you from making moral judgements?

...What are you trying to say? It comes out all wrong.

Dead
03-30-2005, 02:29 AM
Cyrus, I think that you are being a bit dense.

Ben makes a good point here. Hillary is being a hypocrite, and it's obvious that she's staking out this right-wing position for 2008 votes.

lastchance
03-30-2005, 02:44 AM
I am a video gamer. You don't see me trying to kill anyone. *shifts eyes*

AlienCorpse
03-30-2005, 06:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Children are playing a game that encourages them to have sex with prostitutes and then murder them,"

[/ QUOTE ]

Its true, because of this my 9 year old nephew picked up a prostitute had tons of sex with her, DIDN'T EVEN PAY HER!!!!, and then cut off her arms with a chainsaw.

benfranklin
03-30-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A person of tolerance is immoral? And the more tolerant you are, the more immoral you are??

Since when your tolerance and marital fidelity (stemming from whatever reason) forbid you from making moral judgements?

...What are you trying to say? It comes out all wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being charitable. You are correct, tolerance can be a good quality. Let me rephrase that.

Hilary put up with, and publically denied, the immoral public behavior of a man who was supposed to be a leader of, and an inspiration to, the people of his state and his country. She did that for the immediate personal gain and political power of the both of them, and for her own later political advancement. Such a person has no business lecturing others on morality. It's as absurd as Bill Clinton giving a Sunday school class a lecture on celebacy.

Girchuck
03-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Nothing wrong with Bill Clinton giving a lecture on absinense. After all, "He did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky". No one would ever get pregnant from what Bill did with Monica.

Cyrus
03-31-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that you are being a bit dense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lose the 'bit'. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hillary is being a hypocrite, and it's obvious that she's staking out this right-wing position for 2008 votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see, you are saying to me that politicians can be hypocrites. And that Hillary, being a politician, can be a hypocrite too! Plus, you're saying to me that Hillray Clinton realizes that America has shifted rightward and she needs to more rightward too in her quest for the White House.

Sometimes, belaboring the obvious is the mother of density, Dead. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Seriously, my beef with Ben was his dictum and nothing more than that. He wrote (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2033172&page=188&view =expanded&sb=6&o=&fpart=) that "Anyone with a long history of tolerating a spouse with the morals of an alley cat is in no position to judge the moral standards of others". Which is, of course, a wrong claim to make, from a moral point of view, at least the way it is stated, because [b]tolerance[/i] is a moral virtue. (Ben subsequently amended (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2038594&page=188&view =expanded&sb=6&o=&vc=1) his claim.)

Broken Glass Can
03-31-2005, 08:51 AM
You GO girl.

http://www.johntrapp.com/hitlerywackyfacecollage3.jpg

partygirluk
03-31-2005, 08:56 AM
http://www.whywehatebush.com/humor/bush-chimp.jpg

Dead
03-31-2005, 01:11 PM
Great post partygirl. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wacki
03-31-2005, 05:03 PM
http://rense.com/general49/bush_gollum.jpg

http://users.wi.net/~johnh/Ann_vs_carville.JPG

Broken Glass Can
03-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Funny that only my pictures are real (not photoshopped or artificially linked to animal pictures), they are the real McCoy.

(And no, Barbara Milkulski is not an animal.)

Superfluous Man
03-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Oh noes someone looks funny clearly this should disqualify him or her from political office cause clearly physical beauty is the most important quality of an elected official am i rite?

The level of discourse in this thread has dropped from retarded to Terri Schiavo level. It's turned into a bunch of NGURNRUNGNRNRNNs and MMMMMMMMMMGHGRGHs.

Cyrus
04-01-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny that only my pictures are real (not photoshopped or artificially linked to animal pictures), they are the real McCoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dubya's pics are genuine and un-retouched. The monkey is a bonus.

Any time you wanna move on to quotes, let us know, okay, Glasscan?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif