PDA

View Full Version : leaving las vegas.....

scalf
10-16-2002, 10:30 PM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif sitting around watching that nic cage classic: leaving las vegas. spent the last week in a hosptal. extreme lipid hyper, then boel shutdown, head of pancreas necrosed...spent week on sugery ward...boy they wanted to hack something out...(a but i am ok, first hospitalization as a pt...lol...since 1968...anyway...you do some thinking about life..)

chance to cut is a chance to cure...,but the one classic line explains:do not [censored] with the pancreas....so the surgeons did nothing..iv fluids and npo (nothing to eat/drink)....

life really is worth it, but ya gotta be like cage..:"one thing ya cannot ask me ever is to stop drinking..lol

gl all..it is a gr8 day /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

HDPM
10-16-2002, 11:33 PM
Dude, that doesn't sound good. Don't f*** w/ your pancreas is right. Get better. Do the docs who cut on you have it easier than the ones who have to try to fix shorted out brains? And how were you as a patient really? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Ray Zee
10-16-2002, 11:38 PM
who would get the best medical care when they went in. a doctor or a lawyer?

HDPM
10-16-2002, 11:46 PM
Probably doctor. Lawyers get alright care but we do scare some off. Or at least scare them to where they might get uptight, which can be bad. But docs make so much more a malpractice case on a doc victim should be more expensive. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

P.S. When getting bids for services (like on the house or whatever) it is a good idea not to give law office number for a return call. The price can go up if they call the office. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

scalf
10-16-2002, 11:47 PM
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif initially both gr8 care...with lawyer, once things start going downhill, key discussions made in private, chart is buffed twice each day, hey we lose some...such a shame.... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif
with fellow md , many convenience perks are given....expected not to be liability issue..lol..gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Mark Heide
10-17-2002, 01:57 AM
That's a easy one Ray. The doctor of course! They usually know who does the job the best. If it's a malpractice lawyer, they know who to avoid, but don't really know who would do a good job.

Good Luck

Mark

Mark Heide
10-17-2002, 02:02 AM
scalf,

Stay healthy. I don't know what I'd do with myself if I could not read your posts.

Anyway, everyone was telling me how great that movie was, no offense, but I thought it was one of the worst movies I was tricked into watching.

Good Luck

Mark

scalf
10-17-2002, 08:57 AM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif ah, the unbearable lightness of reality...lol...you can't really watch the whole movie at once; it's just too hard core and real...."mankind cannot bear too much reality at amy time"...lol...gl....hey...i think there is a generally accepted thought now (among hedge managers i know closely anyway) that it is significant that t-bills will not just be the reverse of market swings...apparently...there is still fear of deflation...that the huge new economies entereing the overall economic mileau are going to keep prices down....whilw huge economic opportunities and long bull market(not my thinking)...lol...gl /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

John Cole
10-17-2002, 10:33 AM
scalf,

Glad to hear you're doing well. I got a tip once from an old teacher; he said that if you're ever stuck in the South and you need hospitalization, tell 'em your name is John Thurmond Cole. If they ask if you're related to the Senator, say that you don't want any special treatment.

Hang in there, my friend.

John