PDA

View Full Version : Good spot to wait till the turn?

MrTeddyKGB
03-29-2005, 06:22 PM
I called flop planning to raise any non spade turn, good plan?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, MP calls.

River: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

ZZZ
03-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Nah, raising on the flop protects your hand just fine.

ZZZ

maxpowers21
03-29-2005, 09:08 PM
raise flop

WarmonkEd
03-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Why don't you guys like the turn raise? No one's going to fold their flush draws on the flop or the turn. But if a /images/graemlins/spade.gif hits on the turn you can safely fold, if it doesn't, you can hit them for 2 BB. The big worry, of course, is that MP has to bet again.

maxpowers21
03-29-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you guys like the turn raise? No one's going to fold their flush draws on the flop or the turn. But if a /images/graemlins/spade.gif hits on the turn you can safely fold, if it doesn't, you can hit them for 2 BB. The big worry, of course, is that MP has to bet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to isolate an opponet with this type of hand, you don't want low/mid spades to draw cheaply.

I'd also like to see where i stand on this type of board early, because i don't want to get 3-bet on the turn, or raise the turn with little information on where i stand.

Another good thing that happens frequently here is that if Mp just calls a flop raise, and its heads up to teh turn, and a 4th spade hits and he checks to you, you can bet and pick up the pot frequently, where as if you just call the flop and a 4th spade hits, he may bluff bet the turn cause you just called the flop and you'll be forced to fold the best hand.

This happens enough to justify being the aggresor here and not waiting to the turn.