PDA

View Full Version : middle pair play

Rev. Good Will
03-29-2005, 05:57 PM
OK, to some of you, this may be incredibly standard, but playing middle pairs is something I have been wanting to work on.

So here it is:

(no reads on table, first hand I sat down on)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, SB calls.

I thought with all limpers PF, maybe I could squeeze by with middle pair

Turn: (3 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Still ahead here?

River: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

I got scared here, I figured maybe I was wrong off my assumption on the flop, maybe he had a K with a weak kicker and wanted to call me down, good to save a bet here and get a free showdown?

Final Pot: 5 BB

<font color="red"> </font>

k000k
03-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Looks ok to me, flop bet kewl. Turn, use position to try to get him to fold. When he doesn't, take the free SD. No prob.

NAU_Player
03-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Looks perfectly fine to me. With no reads on the SB I check behind too

_bustedflush_
03-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Looks good to me. Betting again here can't be +EV. He's got to be either folding or calling and beating you.

k000k
03-29-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting again here can't be +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it's not +EV, you only get called by stuff that beats you. You either win nothing, or you lose a bet.

RIVER RULE #1: DO NOT bet a hand that will not win 1/2 the time it is called.