PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go Buhhhh! (marginal content)

NAU_Player
03-29-2005, 05:23 PM
This is at party .5/1

http://img209.exs.cx/img209/5517/553tl.jpg

12 ccpf? what was I thinking?

When you are faced with coldcalling preflop with 55, do you fold, call, or raise?

KaiShin
03-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Buhhhh!

Depends on the PFR and my position relative to the PFR, the Button, and any other CC'ers. I don't have PT in front of me, but I think the times I've CC'd with 55 can be counted on one finger.

mlb3zr
03-29-2005, 05:36 PM
depends on a lot of other things - who is this preflop raiser, what's my position, what's his position, but most important to me how many others are in? As it turns out, I nearly always fold. I did cold call once a couple of days ago w 55, but there were already like 5 cold callers, so I thought that was okay.

jaxUp
03-29-2005, 05:49 PM
I would flop more sets if I were you.

MrWookie47
03-29-2005, 05:49 PM
There are worse things you can do than cold call w/ PP's, but you'd better have a number of other players in with you, and decent position. I've cold called with 55 I think twice in a small sample size (have to check PT when I get home), but I'm pretty sure one of those wasn't justified.

NAU_Player
03-29-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So thats what I've been doing wrong! Seems so simple when you put it that way! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

detruncate
03-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Read this. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1658401&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

itsmesteve
03-29-2005, 06:02 PM
as the others said, it really depends on who and how many are in the pot with you. i don't necessarily require other coldcallers. if a bunch of passive players limped prior to the PFR, and i've got position, i'll coldcall anticipate that the passive do as they always do and call. odds of flopping a set are what, like 7.3something to 1 (2/50 3 times?), so you need a couple people in there to get the implied odds.

DavidC
03-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Raise if you're defending your blinds or trying to steal. Especially raise in the small blind in a blind defense: knocking out that BB really helps your 5's hold up.

In the bb, you could choose to call and then check-raise the flop I guess. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm kinda curious if you should cap with it if 9 other players are in for 3 bets each... Honestly. I'm not sure what effect it would have on future action, and whether or not you should do this in the face of higher pairs.

Edit: If I ever say "Buhhhh!", shoot me! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: Very loose passive pf tables make this a great cc: you know you're going to get probably 3-4 people calling behind, including the blind. Basically, CC when you think the pot's going to be big, or you know that you're going to be well paid by a worse hand when you hit and that you won't be re-raised when you CC.

DavidC
03-29-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
depends on a lot of other things - who is this preflop raiser, what's my position, what's his position, but most important to me how many others are in? As it turns out, I nearly always fold. I did cold call once a couple of days ago w 55, but there were already like 5 cold callers, so I thought that was okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't just be okay under that circumstance, it would be GREAT to have 55 in that pot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidC
03-29-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right. The advice I gave is frivolous in comparison. I'm thinking of editing my posts to delete the content. /images/graemlins/smile.gif