PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods 1-2: Going All-in Pre-flop is Fun; Hand 3

Dynasty
03-29-2005, 05:22 PM
This is at the same table as Hand 2. It's also just 15 minutes after I pushed all-in with 66. I won't give away any specific information about that hand yet. But, I will say that everybody at the table saw that I pushed in for such a "weak" hand. So, they know I did it.

The hand:

A couple of small stacked players limp in (Stack Sizes: less than $100). The Small Blind (Stack Size: ~$250-$300) is the second best player at the table. But, he's been raising bigger when he doesn't really want callers ($15 or more) and raising smaller ($7 or less) when he does want callers (big pocket pairs, not AK).

I'm in the Big Blind and pick up K/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. As soon as I look at my cards (less than half a second), I announce "all-in" for $288 and do that pushing the air thing with my hands.

sourbeaver
03-29-2005, 05:25 PM
A B&M move of honor, not bad at all.
I hope you got called by anything dominated.

etgryphon
03-29-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A B&M move of honor, not bad at all.
I hope you got called by anything dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto...

-Gryph

Ghazban
03-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Its a good move-- you will often be called by AK-ATo or AA-66. People in this game play bad.... very bad.

Yeknom58
03-29-2005, 05:52 PM
"I announce "all-in" for $288 and do that pushing the air thing with my hands"

Are you doing the manly bulldozer hand motion all in or the I'm sweeping crumbs off my lap, english, girly, air motion all in?

And isn't the point of having a noticable image, is using it...you gotta have 66, this time too!

Los Feliz Slim
03-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Awesome.

I prefer the girly English thing, myself.

Tilt
03-29-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the Big Blind and pick up K/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. As soon as I look at my cards (less than half a second), I announce "all-in" for $288 and do that pushing the air thing with my hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess you won a nice pot with 66 earlier.

I think its the right play. If you raise less, your opponents are more likely to put you on a hand like KK here. I bet you get at least one customer here.

1C5
03-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Hahahahaha I love the pushing air play.

sourbeaver
03-29-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People in this game play bad.... very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should really make a small trip to Foxwoods in the near future.

TheWorstPlayer
03-29-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bobbo and I may be going in mid/late April. We should all PM and make it a real plan.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-30-2005, 09:59 AM
i find that ridiculous overbets are more likely to get called than by standard raises. anyone disagree?

vulturesrow
03-30-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i find that ridiculous overbets are more likely to get called than by standard raises. anyone disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that an all in is about twice as likely to be called then a pot bet.

Ghazban
03-30-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bobbo and I may be going in mid/late April. We should all PM and make it a real plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know when-- I'll probably already be there. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dynasty
03-30-2005, 01:50 PM
The limpers quickly folded. The original pre-flop raiser called after just a few seconds so that he knew the exact size of the raise.

He turned over the other two Kings and we split the pot.

Dynasty
03-30-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you doing the manly bulldozer hand motion all in or the I'm sweeping crumbs off my lap, english, girly, air motion all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably resembled the English, girly thing. My arms would probably best be described as flailing.

Dynasty
03-30-2005, 02:30 PM
I left some action out of this hand.

Pre-flop, the Small Blind raised to $13.