PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Ed Miller . . .

andyfox
03-29-2005, 04:48 PM
. . . for listing Crazy Fox as one of his favorite games.

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

nolanfan34
03-30-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
. . . for listing Crazy Fox as one of his favorite games.

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They really should spread it at the Commerce. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The Dude
03-30-2005, 07:24 PM
How would that do you any good?

Phat Mack
03-30-2005, 09:25 PM
I put Crazy Fox on the menu of my randomly-occuring home games after a description of it was first posted. It's always been very popular amongst the players.

nolanfan34
03-31-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How would that do you any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant in honor of Andy, since it's his game.

The Dude
04-01-2005, 03:24 AM
Games of such purity as Crazy Fox will not be tainted by Couger fans.

Michael Davis
04-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Crazy Fox is a terrible game.

-Michael

larrondo
04-08-2005, 05:57 PM
I missed this. How do you play Crazy Fox? Anyone got a link?

Thanks.

Zeno
04-09-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Each player is dealt about 13 cards and a community board is used like in Hold'em, and you progressively throw away some of your cards after the flop, turn, and river are dealt until you have none left. The dealer is usually declared the winner by default. You then drink another beer and deal again. A very egalitarian game because profits are spread about in a liberal and approximately equal manner. I may have missed a few of the finer points and obtuse details but I think I captured the essence of the game.

Le Misanthrope

Phat Mack
04-09-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Each player is dealt about 13 cards and a community board is used like in Hold'em, and you progressively throw away some of your cards after the flop, turn, and river are dealt until you have none left. The dealer is usually declared the winner by default. You then drink another beer and deal again. A very egalitarian game because profits are spread about in a liberal and approximately equal manner. I may have missed a few of the finer points and obtuse details but I think I captured the essence of the game.

Le Misanthrope

[/ QUOTE ]

As always, Comrade Zeno is correct. For the story of the genesis of this game, and for a few more irrelevant, but possibly clarifying, details, click here:

Crazy Fox, aka 4-card pineapple. (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=552453&page=&v iew=&sb=5&o=&fpart=)

andyfox
04-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah, any game where a man discards two cards and ends up with 5-2o is indeed terrible.

Ed Miller
04-12-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Le Misanthrope

[/ QUOTE ]

This time we played the game as you describe, except you could optionally buy a card on the end. If you didn't buy a card, then you had to buy a beer instead. I usually went for the beer.

The Dude
04-12-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you didn't buy a card, then you had to buy a beer instead. I usually went for the beer.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have chosen... wisely.