PDA

View Full Version : Posters and limpers galore

cjx
03-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Tear it up because I could be on positive tilt. Two players post (obviously no read), button is loose playing lots of offsuit connectors/suited trash and chasing them and will take the occasional shot at the river heads up, BB is terrible, loose passive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $5. MP posts a blind of $5.
UTG (poster) checks, MP (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

97o, yeah, pretty bad... but three posters, one caller, and two terrible loose passives, worthwhile?

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP folds, Button checks.

Ok, I'm prepared to check fold. One of the posters fold instead of checking, bonus!

Turn: (2.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Button calls.

Well, I played the hand I guess I should bet it at this point. D'oh, two callers BB is certainly capable of check calling an Ace here.

River: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ???

Well, I'm out of position, have been called by not one, but two players, but that is an awfully good (non scary) card for me. Button might bet if checked to, BB will not and I am fairly certain neither will raise unless the button slow played a monster (flopped set maybe). So, bet, bet/call, bet/fold, check/call, check/fold. What's the plan?

cjx

spider
03-29-2005, 05:14 PM
I'd just check-fold. I don't think there is enough chance you are best to put any more money in. I think the rest of the hand is played fine.