PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Play in the 20's

callmedonnie
03-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1355)
BB (t2965)
UTG (t1390)
Button (t2290)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Final Pot: t300

If UTG only raises the minimum to 400 on the bubble, surely he has a solid hand as it looks like a trap? Do you get away w/ AQ? I'm thinking you have to gamble.

I am new to the 20's am working on adjusting from the 10's. It's tighter and some players are craftier. Turns out it was a trap but I hit an Ace. He survived and built a stack though and the next trap I just called w/ an Ace-3, hit an Ace and busted his pocket nines from tourney.

Raiser
03-29-2005, 04:25 PM
I would push here. But I bubble a lot so I'm not sure I'm right???

Unparagoned
03-29-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1355)
BB (t2965)
UTG (t1390)
Button (t2290)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Final Pot: t300

If UTG only raises the minimum to 400 on the bubble, surely he has a solid hand as it looks like a trap? Do you get away w/ AQ? I'm thinking you have to gamble.

I am new to the 20's am working on adjusting from the 10's. It's tighter and some players are craftier. Turns out it was a trap but I hit an Ace. He survived and built a stack though and the next trap I just called w/ an Ace-3, hit an Ace and busted his pocket nines from tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG rebuilt his stack? From 35 chips? It's possible that they could be trying to trap you...possible. The other possibility is that the guy is raising you with a hand you dominate. Hard to say without having been at the table, but I probably push every time here and accept the consequences of pushing into a big hand.

ForumBot
03-29-2005, 05:20 PM
push

hitdanutz
03-29-2005, 05:23 PM
I'd call as you did with AQo, and see the flop before committing more chips. Playing conservative in the bubble often pays dividends. If you hit the A on the flop, definitely check to try and trap him back.

callmedonnie
03-29-2005, 06:22 PM
yes, from 35 chips. it's weird but it happens.

i once lost a heads up sat when i had 7800 in chips and the other guy only had 200. oh well. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

willie
03-29-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call as you did with AQo, and see the flop before committing more chips. Playing conservative in the bubble often pays dividends. If you hit the A on the flop, definitely check to try and trap him back.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't like this advice

push it preflop. he had kk this time and you sucked out, it happens

often times you can make someone fold what would be a coinflip situation.

you want the blinds +the limpers chips. You have a great hand 4 handed. all signs point to push here.